[meta] "Intent to implement" and Security & Privacy concerns

Tantek Çelik

Apr 1, 2015, 2:30:14 AM4/1/15
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
One of the suggested additions to "intent to implement" emails:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ExposureGuidelines#Intent_to_Implement

is a statement regarding Security & Privacy concerns, because those
have often been noted as brief summary statements in some past "intent
to implement" emails.

There has been some discussion among various W3C/TAG etc. folks of
adding a security self-review to W3C specifications, based on this
strawman list of questions to answer (e.g. perhaps informatively in a
section in a spec)

https://mikewest.github.io/spec-questionnaire/security-privacy/

Until specs start publishing their answers to these security/privacy
questions, should we consider doing so at least as part of "Intent to
implement"?

Thoughts?

Tantek

Frederik Braun

Apr 1, 2015, 3:39:07 AM4/1/15
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Yes! I found it quite useful to work on these questions. And those specs
who don't answer them, might even take it as a pull request :)