Proposal to remove the xpfe autocomplete bindings and the xpfe/components/autocomplete directory

Brian Grinstead

Nov 13, 2017, 7:59:10 PM11/13/17
to dev-platform
While tracking down the XBL bindings in the tree, I noticed that there are 4 inside the xpfe/ directory at https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev/blob/master/xpfe/components/autocomplete/resources/content/autocomplete.xml.

I'd like to remove those bindings, and AFAICT we aren't using them in Firefox. Are there any objections to removing the code from m-c?

Thanks,
Brian

Frank-Rainer Grahl

Nov 14, 2017, 4:04:43 AM11/14/17
They are used in comm-central suite and owned by suite. We are currently
evaluating moving them to comm-central. There is also corresponding css in the
tree.

Regards
Frank-Rainer Grahl

Brian Grinstead

Nov 14, 2017, 12:25:29 PM11/14/17
to Frank-Rainer Grahl, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
That makes sense. I went ahead and filed Bug 1417119 for the removal from m-c, and we can coordinate a move to comm-central there.

Brian

Brian Grinstead

Nov 29, 2017, 11:00:48 AM11/29/17
to Frank-Rainer Grahl, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
This has now landed - it was moved into comm-central in Bug 1418512 and removed from mozilla-central in Bug 1417119.

Brian