Re: Gecko Locale Selection remodel completed (repost from dev.platform)

Jörg Knobloch

Mar 28, 2017, 3:16:25 PM3/28/17
to dev-platform
On 28/03/2017 17:58, Zbigniew Braniecki (Gandalf) wrote:
> We just landed the final change that culminates the 3 month long major
> refactor of how Gecko handles language selection [0] (pending
> autoland->central).
Nice job!

> On top of that, we gained an additional helper API for retrieving
> Internationalization-related infromation from the operating system -
> mozilla::intl::OSPreferences [3] (and mozIOSPreferences [4]).
I believe there is a missing piece though.

Firefox uses the C++ interface DateTimeFormat::FormatPRExplodedTime() to
display dates/times in the the navigation history and in certificate
details. The C++ interface currently doesn't take OS settings into
account which may lead to an inconsistent display. I filed bug 1351427
for that.

Jörg.