Only critical uplifts will be approved for Beta44 until we go live

Ritu Kothari

Jan 7, 2016, 1:42:55 PM1/7/16
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, release-mgmt@mozilla.com Team
Hello,

Given the loss of crash data for about a week and stability issues in
general, there is a change in the Beta uplift criteria from now until 44
goes live. *We will only approve uplifts that address critical regressions,
security fixes and/or improve browser stability*. Everything else will be
denied uplift to Beta! In some sense, we are entering "RC" mode a week
early even though we will continue to push Beta7, Beta8 and Beta9 as
planned to identify release blockers.

This is a drastic measure that is needed to get us in control of our
release quality and to minimize code churn.

We are looking for your support in making this successful. Please let me
know if there are any concerns.

Thanks,
Ritu