Tech Proposal: Browser Compatibility Data

Luke Crouch

Mar 28, 2014, 6:03:19 PM3/28/14
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org, Jeremie Patonnier
All,

Jeremie (cc'd) is leading a proposal to re-implement MDN's browser
compatibility data. [1]

After gathering functional requirements, we're moving on to the
technical requirements. Today we met [2] particularly about data
requirements. [3]

Maris & Les and I had a follow-up meeting and drafted a quick data
model. [4] We plan to have it implemented as a stand-alone django
application that we could deploy to paas.allizom.org, or install into
MDN itself.

If you have a chance, please review the project & data requirements and
give us feedback on the data model and the direction.

Thanks,
-L

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Development/CompatibilityTables
[2] https://etherpad.mozilla.org/cdp-tech-kick-off-2014-03-28