Firefox Hello Standalone App

Matjaz Horvat

Nov 24, 2014, 8:21:11 AM11/24/14
to dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
Howdy,

Firefox Hello (codename Loop) will be available in Firefox 34, which
is shipping tomorrow. A standalone (web) app is also available, which
allows for accepting calls etc. on other browsers. Starting with
Firefox 35, we will roll out localizations of the standalone app.

Deadline:
15 December

Size:
356 words

Priority locales:
de, es, fr, ru, pt, pl, zh-CN, it, ja

Verbatim:
https://localize.mozilla.org/projects/loop/

Preview:
In Firefox, generate the link a la https://call.mozilla.com/#call/SOMETHING

There is no l10n preview server available at this point.

-Matjaž

Guillermo López

Nov 24, 2014, 10:17:53 AM11/24/14
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hey Matjaz,

This webapp IS NOT the gaia loop app, right?

Thanks

Nick Thomas

Nov 24, 2014, 3:54:26 PM11/24/14
Not related to the main part of this email, but Firefox 34 will be
shipping on Dec 1.

Cheers,
Nick

Michael Wolf

Nov 24, 2014, 4:07:12 PM11/24/14
Nick Thomas schrieb:
> Not related to the main part of this email, but Firefox 34 will be
> shipping on Dec 1.

Not Dec 2? Usually release day is Tuesday.

Regards,
Michael

Nick Thomas

Nov 24, 2014, 6:11:07 PM11/24/14
Turns out shipping day is not final yet, so lets wait and see.

Matjaz Horvat

Jan 5, 2015, 7:56:39 AM1/5/15
to dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi,

We just added 8 new strings to Firefox Hello Standalone App.

Please don't forget to commit from Verbatim.

Happy New Year!

-Matjaž

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:21 PM, Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com>

Matjaz Horvat

Jan 5, 2015, 8:32:35 AM1/5/15
to dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
One more note:
Strings should be localized by the January 12th (in a week), but there will
be new push just a week or two later, so it's no big deal if you miss the
deadline.

-Matjaž

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com>

Biraj Karmakar

Jan 5, 2015, 12:47:28 PM1/5/15
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi Matjaz,

As you told 8 new strings have been added to Firefox Hello Standalone App,
but we have got update here
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/?locale=bn-IN.

Also https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/mozillaorg/firefox/hello.lang/ here
also not updated. Please take a look. But I have seen those
https://localize.mozilla.org/bn_IN/loop/ here. But it would be better if
only place for Firefox Hello and pontoon is best place. So we are updating
8 strings on localize.mozilla.org now.

Thank You and Warm Regrads

Biraj Karmakar
*Mozilla Reps* from India
Blog *: http://birajkarmakar.wordpress.com/
<http://birajkarmakar.wordpress.com/>*
Twitter :*@birajkarmakar*

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 6:26 PM, Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com>

Matjaz Horvat

Jan 5, 2015, 12:53:38 PM1/5/15
to Biraj Karmakar, dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi Biraj!

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Biraj Karmakar <brn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matjaz,
>
> As you told 8 new strings have been added to Firefox Hello Standalone App,
> but we have got update here
> https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/?locale=bn-IN.

This is a different thing (a website). Sorry for the confusion. I'm aware
Firefox Hello strings are floating around pretty much everywhere, e.g. in
Firefox, Firefox OS, Web Dashboard (Website), Verbatim & Pontoon
(Standalone App).

> Also https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/mozillaorg/firefox/hello.lang/
> here also not updated. Please take a look. But I have seen those
> https://localize.mozilla.org/bn_IN/loop/ here. But it would be better if
> only place for Firefox Hello and pontoon is best place. So we are updating
> 8 strings on localize.mozilla.org now.

I've now enabled bn-IN for Firefox Hello in Pontoon:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/firefox-hello/

Thanks,
Matjaž

Biraj Karmakar

Jan 5, 2015, 12:58:43 PM1/5/15
to Matjaz Horvat, dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
HiMatjaz,

But, last time I got notified by
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/webdashboard/?locale=bn-IN and we have
completed localization
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/mozillaorg/firefox/hello.lang/ here.

So https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/mozillaorg/firefox/hello.lang/ what
refers it actually?

Thank You and Warm Regrads

Biraj Karmakar
*Mozilla Reps* from India
Blog *: http://birajkarmakar.wordpress.com/
<http://birajkarmakar.wordpress.com/>*
Twitter :*@birajkarmakar*

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Matjaz Horvat <matjaz...@gmail.com>

Matjaz Horvat

Jan 5, 2015, 1:07:24 PM1/5/15
to Biraj Karmakar, dev-l10n, Mozilla projects web content localization
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/mozillaorg/firefox/hello.lang/

refers to the website that you see on the web dashboard:

https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~pascalc/langchecker/?locale=bn-IN#firefox/hello.lang

Currently you don't see anything on the web dashboard, so you already
translated the file. More details here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/4uNJ7sz9xmw

Firefox Hello Standalone App (
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/bn-in/firefox-hello/) is a different beast, but
we don't monitor it on the web dashboard. For preview, generate a Firefox
Hello link in Firefox (e. g. https://call.mozilla.com/#call/SOMETHING) and
then open it in non-Firefox browser.

-Matjaž