Last minute fixes to SmartOn Security

Francesco Lodolo

Nov 17, 2015, 3:44:41 PM11/17/15
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi everyone,
Right after the page went like today we discovered a couple of issues.

The mzl.la short URL was updated, so we lost 5 more characters in tweets
('security' became 'cybersecurity').

1) The last tweet at the end of the page wasn't translated. That's because
the tweet is "On a scale from 1 to 10, how safe do you feel online?" while
the string we had (and it's displayed in the page) was "On a scale from 1
to 10, how safe do you feel online? Is it always clear to you whether or
not your activities are secure?"

I tried to fix as many locales as I could copying the first part of the
existing string, but please double check that everything looks good
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/www.mozilla.org/commit/556b87dc2c639b318ed294a7019e957dba4c7e58

2) The Meta description is also used to share the page on Twitter.
https://github.com/mozilla-l10n/www.mozilla.org/blob/master/en-US/teach/smarton/security.lang#L12

You want to check the length of the tweet, and cut off parts of the strings
to fit into the length limits
https://www.mozilla.org/teach/smarton/security/

I'll try to check the Surveillance page for similar issues in the next days
to avoid similar problems.

Francesco