IoT survey results, Fundraising snippet, Copyright email tweaks

Theo Chevalier

Oct 5, 2017, 3:09:17 PM10/5/17
Hi everyone,

I’ve exposed some strings in Pontoon in the engagement repo for
different campaigns (we had some syncing issues with Pontoon, but it’s
all good now), adding more details below. If you see nothing new on the
Webdashboard for your locale, you can stop reading.

* IoT survey results *

The first thing is that we now have the results from the IoT survey
launched in August, I shared some good numbers in the last L10n Report [1].

Email to the MoFo list: de, es, fr, pt-BR
Snippets and blog post: de, es, fr, it, pt-BR
Deadline: October 30th

The results should be published on November 1st, so that leaves us more
than 3 weeks for localization.

The email and snippets are on Pontoon, the blog post is in a Google Doc.
Blog post to localize:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wsyOhqVUDtJkOJONednH9LKDlAxJlRwIY1a_5UKHrHg/edit?usp=sharing

(As always for blog posts, feel free to use Etherpad, Libre Office,
Word, GDocs…)

The only missing part will be some graphics to localize, like we did for
the Privacy survey.

* Fundraising snippet *

The snippet I’ve exposed is quite long, but we’ve discovered that this
copy performed almost 3 times better than the previous en-US winner, so
we would like to roll it out to other languages in case it performs the
same way. We don’t know for sure, but a possible explanation is that
this huge block of text is catching people’s attention. That would be
good news for longer locales. We will try to run it soon because once
Firefox Quantum is out, we may not be able to run snippets as long as
this one.

Locales: de, es, fr, it, pl, pt-BR, ru
Deadline: October 10th

* Copyright email tweaks *

We’ll hopefully be able to send the copyright email next week, but that
required a few tweaks. I’ve also added a quote from Ryan Merkley that’s
summarizing pretty well the situation.

Locales: de, es, fr, it, pl
Deadline: October 10th, with an ability to slip by a few days on a
case-by-case basis.

That’s quite a lot! But thankfully, most of the content is for the IoT
survey.

Let me know if you have questions or need help for something

Cheers,
Théo

[1] https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/09/07/l10n-report-september-edition/

Theo Chevalier

Oct 18, 2017, 6:53:46 PM10/18/17

Le 05/10/2017 à 20:09, Theo Chevalier a écrit :
> * IoT survey results *
>
> The first thing is that we now have the results from the IoT survey
> launched in August, I shared some good numbers in the last L10n Report [1].
>
> Email to the MoFo list: de, es, fr, pt-BR
> Snippets and blog post: de, es, fr, it, pt-BR
> Deadline: October 30th
>
> The results should be published on November 1st, so that leaves us more
> than 3 weeks for localization.
>
> The email and snippets are on Pontoon, the blog post is in a Google Doc.
> Blog post to localize:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wsyOhqVUDtJkOJONednH9LKDlAxJlRwIY1a_5UKHrHg/edit?usp=sharing
>

> (As always for blog posts, feel free to use Etherpad, Libre Office,
> Word, GDocs…)
>
> The only missing part will be some graphics to localize, like we did for
> the Privacy survey.

The strings for the graphics in the blog post are now exposed! You
should see images in Pontoon, but here is the full project:
https://redpen.io/p/fk577a8639ece03c40

Some strings will be used on Twitter/Facebook (they are clearly
indicated), and most should be shorter than 116 characters. One is
reaching the limit, so this one won’t be used on Twitter.

Théo