Small update to Get Involved page

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

May 2, 2014, 3:25:15 PM5/2/14
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi,
I've just pushed six new strings for the Get Involved page
(mozorg/contribute.lang)
https://www-dev.allizom.org/contribute/

There's a new section for Firefox Marketplace, plus an updated text for
Add-ons and Quality Assurance. We'll enable the new text on
https://www.mozilla.org/contribute/ for each locale only after
translation has been completed, so there's no risk of displaying English
text in the page.

I also added a new auto-reply template for marketing (marketing.txt):
you may want to copy it in your locale folder if you're using automatic
replies.
http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.com/trunk/locales/en-GB/templates/mozorg/emails/

Francesco

Ibai Oihanguren Sala

May 3, 2014, 8:00:39 AM5/3/14
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Hi,

is the Get Involved page an opt-in? I don't see the contribute.lang
file for Basque (eu).

Ibai.

Pascal Chevrel

May 3, 2014, 8:09:39 AM5/3/14
Le 03/05/2014 14:00, Ibai Oihanguren Sala a ï¿œcrit :
Yes it's an opt-in, the locales that have this page also need to be able
to answer the requests sent through it.

If you are interested and have manpower to maintain the page and answer
the requests, we can add Basque to it :)

Pascal

Ibai Oihanguren Sala

May 3, 2014, 8:23:58 AM5/3/14
to Mozilla projects web content localization
What does "answer the requests" mean? Translate the messages we receive
and send them to Mozilla (and vice versa), or is it something more?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]

May 3, 2014, 8:52:56 AM5/3/14
to dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Il 03/05/14 14:23, Ibai Oihanguren Sala ha scritto:
> What does "answer the requests" mean? Translate the messages we
> receive and send them to Mozilla (and vice versa), or is it something
> more?
You need to provide an email address[1]: all requests coming from the
localized version of that page will be sent to Mozilla's specific
recipient for the selected area of interest, plus this email address for
your local community.

You can also decide if you want to answer these requests manually, or
use automatic replies for some of all areas (thus the templates).

Let me know if you're interested, I can file a bug to set-up the system
for eu.

Francesco

[1] not a public mailing list, ideally an alias or a shared email
address create for this specific purpose

Rubén Martín

May 3, 2014, 8:58:47 AM5/3/14
to dev-l1...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

If there are more people curious about how some locales are handling
these requests, time ago I wrote an article about the Mozilla Hispano case:

http://www.nukeador.com/03/10/2013/on-boarding-rethought/

Regards.

--
Rubén Martín [Nukeador]
Mozilla Reps Mentor

signature.asc

Ibai Oihanguren Sala

May 3, 2014, 9:33:37 AM5/3/14
to Mozilla projects web content localization
Thank you for the information.
Don't add Basque for the moment. I see that it can be more work than I
expected, and since I am going to start helping on Firefox OS
localization and testing, I am not sure if I would be able to maintain
this page.

Thank you again

Ibai.