Edinburgh PHP user group (talk report)

Francois Marier

Aug 25, 2013, 2:16:18 PM8/25/13
This week, while on holiday in Scotland, I spoke [1] at the Edingburgh
PHP user group [2] in front of about 30 web developers.

Everybody I talked to (and I talked to more than half of the attendees)
was very excited about the system and many said that they would try it
out on one of their next projects.

During my talk, I used the user group website [3] as an example of a
site that could easily take advantage of Persona. The guys behind it
were very responsive to the idea :)

The company [4] hosting the user group is also behind the Fringe
Festival website [5]. They will definitely consider Persona next year.

Another person mentioned that he was looking at authentication systems
at the moment for a new project and that my presentation was very timely.

Unfortunately, my recording failed [6] so I don't have a log of the
questions that people asked :(

Francois

[1] Slides are available here:
https://speakerdeck.com/fmarier/easy-logins-for-php-web-applications