Interruption in search/geolocate API's

Hanno Schlichting

Oct 30, 2013, 8:20:46 AM10/30/13
to dev-geo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi.

Our poor little server was a bit overwhelmed with all the new traffic coming in.

The website and submit API’s are continuing to work fine and no data was lost. Please continue to submit new data - we very much welcome it.

But the background processes to analyze the data and make it available in the search/geolocate API’s were overloaded. I’m working on bringing those back up to speed and am deploying a bit more hardware to help with that. I don’t have a concrete ETA for this, but we’ll get there.

Hanno