Some stat updates

Hanno Schlichting

Oct 31, 2013, 12:09:22 PM10/31/13
to dev-geo...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi.

We’ve attracted far more attention and new community members than we had expected. Welcome all!

To put things into perspective, here’s some stats about our recent announcement and the days since.

Our website went from 50 daily visits, to a peak of 10k visits. We got a lot of interest from Germany, the USA and Russia, with many European countries following. In terms out news outreach, we’ve seen a lot of visits coming from habrahabr.ru, golem.de, heise.de, thenextweb.com and slashdot.org. Especially reaching two of the main German IT outlets explains the huge traffic increase from Germany.

In terms of stumbler users, we only have stats about users choosing a nickname. Here we went from 20 daily active users to currently 1000 daily active users.

On the side of incoming data points, we went from 15k daily entries to an average of 500k daily entries, with an extra spike of 700k entries from Cypher, thx!!

In addition to those cold stats, we have had many people talking to us, engaging personally and showing support.

Thank you all and please bear with us, while we cope with you all :-)
Hanno

P.S. I’ll follow up next week, so we can see how much was the initial hackernews/slashdot effect and how much is sustained growth.