guide for Gaia

Madhuri Jain

Jan 16, 2014, 12:21:14 PM1/16/14
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
I am new developer for Gaia and want to have some guideline or mentored by
someone as it will help me to get familiar with gaia and want to contribute
in it.

Kevin Grandon

Jan 16, 2014, 12:22:49 PM1/16/14
to Madhuri Jain, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Madhuri,

This page contains some useful info to get started: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Platform/Gaia/Hacking

You can also join us on IRC in #gaia if you have any questions.

Best,
Kevin

Dietrich Ayala

Jan 16, 2014, 12:55:25 PM1/16/14
to Kevin Grandon, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, Madhuri Jain
I also really like this guide, which is a very clear and concise
step-by-step guide to getting started developing for Gaia:

https://github.com/bocoup/gaia-notes/blob/master/development-cycle.md

Fred Lin

Jan 16, 2014, 2:22:48 PM1/16/14
to Madhuri Jain, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, Kevin Grandon, Dietrich Ayala
Hi,

If you want to learn more details about Gaia, here's a alpha-quality book sample available to learn
the boot up process from linux to gaia, develop gaia, gaia module functionality, and build script
https://leanpub.com/gaiafromabove

It's based on the study and sharing in Taipei Gaia PE and DPE team.

regards
--
Fred

> I also really like this guide, which is a very clear and concise
> step-by-step guide to getting started developing for Gaia:
>
> https://github.com/bocoup/gaia-notes/blob/master/development-cycle.md

Blood, sweat and tears in there :)

Rick

Chris Mills

Jan 17, 2014, 7:52:16 PM1/17/14
to Fred Lin, dev-gaia, Madhuri Jain, Kevin Grandon, Dietrich Ayala

On 16 Jan 2014, at 11:22, Fred Lin <fl...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you want to learn more details about Gaia, here's a alpha-quality book sample available to learn
> the boot up process from linux to gaia, develop gaia, gaia module functionality, and build script
> https://leanpub.com/gaiafromabove

Wow, this is some great information. I have been looking for exactly this kind of stuff for MDN for a long time. Would you be ok with me publishing some or all of it on MDN?

I would be happy to copy edit it for you.

Best regards,

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Gasolin

Jan 19, 2014, 1:08:01 AM1/19/14
to Chris Mills, dev-gaia, Madhuri Jain, Kevin Grandon, Dietrich Ayala
‎You are welcome to do so since it's with CC share-alike license

  原始訊息
寄件者: Chris Mills
已傳送: 2014年1月18日星期六 上午8:52
收件者: Fred Lin
副本: Madhuri Jain; dev-gaia; Kevin Grandon; Dietrich Ayala
主旨: Re: guide for Gaia

Asa Dotzler

Jan 21, 2014, 4:20:43 PM1/21/14
to mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
Agreed, this is great stuff! Let's get a spotlight on this.

- A

Chris Mills

Jan 21, 2014, 5:22:33 PM1/21/14
to Asa Dotzler, mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org

On 21 Jan 2014, at 13:20, Asa Dotzler <a...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 1/17/14, 4:52 PM, Chris Mills wrote:
>>
> Agreed, this is great stuff! Let's get a spotlight on this.

I’ll get on it as soon as I am finished with my travels.