Calendar visual refresh landing on master

Gareth Aye

Apr 23, 2014, 1:24:56 PM4/23/14
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Gaia,

This is a courtesy note to mention that calendar may be in a "weird" visual state on master in the coming couple weeks. Miller and I have both been working on and off on the next generation calendar ui for the past couple months and have had difficulties maintaining a feature branch which we could both work against to avoid landing the visual refresh in parts. Our difficulties have included

- not being able to rebase latest master and force push to mozilla-b2g/gaia calendar-visual-refresh branch
- not being able to send pull request to each other's calendar-visual-refresh branches because of issues with the GH pull request ui

Anyhow this is just to say that if you are dogfooding on master and the calendar ui looks inconsistent to you at any point during the first 2.0 sprint (basically the next two weeks), things will probably be fixed soon and you don't need to file bugs :).

Best,
Gareth

Kevin Grandon

Apr 23, 2014, 1:42:36 PM4/23/14
to gar...@alumni.middlebury.edu, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm fine with however you guys get unblocked, but we have done this in the past on a branch if you want to work that way.

Regarding rebasing of branches: We disabled this, but it is possible to delete the upstream branch, then push. This does have the unfortunate side effect of closing currently open pull requests against that branch though. Another option is to merge in master while you work, and do a rebase at the end to remove the merge commits.

It should also be possible to send each other pull requests by clicking "Compare against forks", then entering the remote and branch of the other fork.

Best,
Kevin