Let's Kill B2G-Desktop in TaskCluster

Michael Henretty

Jan 4, 2016, 4:46:22 AM1/4/16
to dev-fxos
People of Gaia,

Is there anything stopping us from finally killing b2g-desktop builds on taskcluster? If I'm not mistaken, the entire suite plus mochi and reftests already run on mulet, so these tests are redundant. If nobody objects, I will start the process of getting it removed this week.

Thanks,
Michael

Kevin Grandon

Jan 4, 2016, 12:04:48 PM1/4/16
to Michael Henretty, dev-fxos
I'm in favor of doing this, but does the simulator still build off of b2g desktop? Just want to be sure that we don't accidentally lose testing coverage for the simulator.

We should also probably update MDN/documentation to remove references to b2g desktop.

Best,
Kevin

Alexandre poirot

Jan 4, 2016, 12:16:43 PM1/4/16
to Kevin Grandon, Michael Henretty, dev-fxos
You mean Fx OS Simulator, the addon we install from WebIDE?
If so, we recently switched to mulet and released 2.6 builds of it.

Faramarz Rashed

Jan 4, 2016, 12:17:23 PM1/4/16
to Kevin Grandon, Michael Henretty, dev-fxos
yes, let’s make sure of that please.  simulator has had light support in the fast and we need to make sure we’re not making it worse.

faramarz

Michael Henretty

Jan 5, 2016, 4:53:03 AM1/5/16
to Faramarz Rashed, Kevin Grandon, dev-fxos
Thanks everyone, sounds like we have a consensus to move forward here. I have asked the sheriffs to hide the tests on all trees, and filed bug 1236835 to turn on the TC jobs.

Chris Mills

Jan 6, 2016, 4:48:54 AM1/6/16
to Kevin Grandon, Michael Henretty, dev-fxos

> On 4 Jan 2016, at 17:04, Kevin Grandon <kevin...@grandon.org> wrote:
>
> I'm in favor of doing this, but does the simulator still build off of b2g desktop? Just want to be sure that we don't accidentally lose testing coverage for the simulator.
>
> We should also probably update MDN/documentation to remove references to b2g desktop.

I asked changed a lot of references over to Firefox OS Simulator, or removed them, depending on context. If anyone notices any more, feel free to ping me and I’ll sort them out.

Naoki Hirata

Jan 6, 2016, 12:05:12 PM1/6/16
to Chris Mills, Kevin Grandon, Michael Henretty, dev-fxos
FYI, there's no Mulet nor Desktop builds for 2.5 at all from what I can tell.