Pseudolanguages are now called ar-x-psbidi and fr-x-psaccent

Staś Małolepszy

Oct 28, 2015, 4:32:54 AM10/28/15
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Gaia --

In bug 1217733 [1] I renamed the pseudolanguages:

 - qps-ploc, the Accented English, is now fr-x-psaccent,
 - qps-plocm, the Mirrored (Bidi) English, is now called ar-x-psbidi.

These changes align with the recent switch to the Intl API across all Gaia apps (an effort led by Zibi).  Intl will recognize these new locale codes as variants of Arabic and French and will format dates, times, numbers etc. accordingly.

When you test Gaia in one of the pseudolanguages and dates and time are still in English, that probably means that there's a bug in the code you're testing.

I also renamed the devtools.qps.enabled setting.  It is now called devtools.pseudolocalization.enabled. You can put
  "devtools.pseudolocalization.enabled": true
in build/config/custom-settings.json to enable pseudolocalization in your custom builds.

More information can be found on MDN [2].

Happy testing!
-stas