Proposal: A new Mozillians.org signup process

Justin Crawford

Dec 18, 2013, 11:56:18 AM12/18/13
to dev-commu...@lists.mozilla.org
Yesterday I published a blog post describing a proposal that addresses some of the concerns[0] I earlier raised in the community tools developer's forum[1] about Mozillians.org's signup process. It describes a new Mozillians.org signup process that addresses those concerns, attempts to capture the community's definition of Mozillian, and positions Mozillians.org to scale in 2014 and beyond.

I'd like to ask anyone who's interested in this question to offer feedback about the proposal, here or in the comments on the blog post. It's not perfect; in the 12 hours it's been live, it has already generated some spirited critiques[2]. The comments on the post to date[3] contain that conversation.

Please have a look and reply if you have questions or suggestions for making it better:

http://hoosteeno.com/2013/12/17/a-new-mozillians-org-signup-process

Thanks!

[0] http://hoosteeno.com/2013/10/14/refactoring-the-mozillians-org-authorization-scheme/
[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla.dev.community-tools/9903oqZsaOM
[2] http://www.squarefree.com/2013/12/17/customizing-the-mozilla-manifesto
[3] http://hoosteeno.com/2013/12/17/a-new-mozillians-org-signup-process/#comments

--
Justin Crawford
Web Product Engineer | Mozilla

Justin Crawford

Dec 20, 2013, 2:02:23 PM12/20/13
to dev-commu...@lists.mozilla.org
What an excellent discussion. The feedback here (and here[0] and here[1] and probably elsewhere too) is wide and deep, and it'll take the commtools team a little while to digest. We will definitely review all of it and incorporate it into a new proposal in early 2014, one that is stronger thanks to the wisdom of many.

Justin

[0] http://hoosteeno.com/2013/12/17/a-new-mozillians-org-signup-process/#comments
[1] http://www.squarefree.com/2013/12/17/customizing-the-mozilla-manifesto/