b2g build failed (flame-kk on ubuntu 14.04)

Sam Foster

Jul 31, 2015, 8:04:43 PM7/31/15
to dev-b2g
I'm trying to build b2g / flame-kk on ubuntu 14.04. I've followed all the pre-req and build steps on mdn, but I'm still getting https://pastebin.mozilla.org/8841299
Does that look like any kind of known issue? This is a relatively new machine, I've not built b2g on it before.

The Flame attached currently has the v18D_nightly_v4 on it. As I understand it, I therefore shouldn't need the ANDROIDFS_DIR but I've tried with and without when running config.sh

tia,
/Sam

Kartikaya Gupta

Jul 31, 2015, 11:52:36 PM7/31/15
to Sam Foster, dev-b2g
The actual compile error is going to be farther up in the output. It
might be a legitimate compiler error, but without knowing what it is,
it's hard to say what's going wrong.

Sam Foster

Aug 1, 2015, 12:58:33 AM8/1/15
to Kartikaya Gupta, dev-b2g
Naoki: yes, I did all those steps. I can do them again
Kats: the entirety of of the output is in the 2nd pastebin: https://pastebin.mozilla.org/8841313

/Sam

Fabrice Desré

Aug 1, 2015, 1:18:59 AM8/1/15
to Sam Foster, Kartikaya Gupta, dev-b2g
Looks like a real bug at
https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/netwerk/dns/mdns/libmdns/MDNSResponderOperator.cpp#291
We need a rv = watcher->Init() on the previous line.

Fabrice
> > dev...@lists.mozilla.org <mailto:dev...@lists.mozilla.org>

Fabrice Desré
b2g team
Mozilla Corporation

Kartikaya Gupta

Aug 1, 2015, 9:20:37 AM8/1/15
to Fabrice Desré, Sam Foster, dev-b2g
Indeed. I filed bug 1190069 for it. Sam, for now you can work around
it by just assigning something to rv.

Sam Foster

Aug 3, 2015, 8:12:37 PM8/3/15
to Kartikaya Gupta, Fabrice Desré, dev-b2g
On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Kartikaya Gupta <kgu...@mozilla.com> wrote:
Indeed. I filed bug 1190069 for it. Sam, for now you can work around
it by just assigning something to rv.

Looks like 1190069 landed and is on moz-central, so I updated and tried again. This time I have a different error:

/home/sfoster/B2G/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.7/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.7/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: hidden symbol 'sqrt' is not defined locally

The build output overflowed my terminal buffer, and pastebin wanted to truncate even that, so I've pasted the last section at https://pastebin.mozilla.org/8841525 - hopefully that's enough. To eliminate any doubt, I clobbered (rm -rf out, rm -rf objdir-gecko), re-ran the steps at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites#Ubuntu_13.10, re-ran config.sh flame-kk and then build.sh -j1.

tia,
/Sam

Sam Foster

Aug 11, 2015, 12:11:05 PM8/11/15
to Kartikaya Gupta, Fabrice Desré, dev-b2g
Just to follow up on this for future visitors. With the patch from 1190069, the next error turned out to be bug 1179578 - and the resolution was to turn off B2G_NOOPT=1. So thanks to all here and Naoki especially, I'm now building with no problems. I also did a ./repo sync --force-sync in there which might have ironed some things out.

/Sam