I have an add on which was working with Thunderbird 52.0, while with Thunderbird 60.0 its not getting loaded.

wilson...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2018, 8:10:19 AM9/21/18
I have an add on which was working with Thunderbird 52.0, while with Thunderbird 60.0 its not getting loaded.I saw few support links that thunderbird 60.0 has lot of changes which may affect add-ons, could you please help me what I should do to debug as none of my product binaries are getting loaded under thunderbird?

How do I proceed to find what went wrong and what i should change?

Jörg Knobloch

Sep 21, 2018, 8:30:24 AM9/21/18
to dev-apps-t...@lists.mozilla.org
On 21/09/2018 14:10, wilson...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have an add on which was working with Thunderbird 52.0, while with Thunderbird 60.0 its not getting loaded.I saw few support links that thunderbird 60.0 has lot of changes which may affect add-ons, could you please help me what I should do to debug as none of my product binaries are getting loaded under thunderbird?

Hi,

it's correct that between TB 52 and TB 60 many interfaces have changed.
We've tried to compile a list here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_57

What do you mean by "product binaries"? Binary add-ons were discontinued
in Firefox in version 41. They might still have worked in TB 52 (since
their removal apparently missed the deadline, further reading here [1]),
but TB 60 most certainly doesn't have support for binary extensions any
more.

Jörg.

[1] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/tb-planning/2016-November/004964.html

wilson...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2018, 9:18:52 AM9/21/18
Hello Jorg,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Our extension is a dll. It has c++ and JS code and will be complied to a dll. This .dll binary is loaded by Thunderbird. In Thunderbird 60, the dll is not even loaded. Are you saying this support is removed in Thunderbird 60?

Thanks,
Regards,
Wilson

wilson...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2018, 8:17:33 AM9/24/18

We are able to install binary component. However, we are getting following error? Do you any idea on this?

Failed to load overlay from chrome://xyz/content/xyzOverlay.xul.

We have given this in chrome.manifest. While loading this XUL, I think we have some issue in TB 60.

Thanks,
Wilson.

wilson...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2018, 8:17:50 AM9/24/18