Mozilla @ Haxpo - volunteers needed!

Paul Theriault

Apr 13, 2014, 10:27:34 PM4/13/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Gary Kwong, T.M. van den Broek
All,

Mozilla is planning to sponsor the Hack in the Box Security Conference & Haxpo event happening from May 28-30, 2104. We are planning to:
• Sponsor and participate in running a developer competition (“HackWeekDay" see [1])
• Run a Mozilla booth (hopefully run by staff and community) at the associated HITBSecConf & Haxpo [2] conferences

The Mozilla security team is regularly involved with HITBSecConf in Amsterdam, but this time the conference is aiming to reach a much large audience. So in addition to just being involved in the competition, I was hoping to run demos & promote Mozilla projects at booth that are relevant to the general public, not just the security people. I’m open to suggestions, but I was thinking demos of projects like Web Maker, Open Badges, Firefox OS and encourage participation in the local Mozilla community etc. Perhaps there are local Mozilla community projects or activities that you think we should be promoting here?

So mainly I’m looking for volunteers to help organise and/or help run the Mozilla booth at this event. Most importantly we need:
- help running the booth (Most importantly on May 29th, which is the main day)
- help recruiting developers for the HackWeekDay competition (or register yourself!)
- supply local knowledge ! (I’m based in Sydney, Australia, and I have never been to the Netherlands...)

ACTION: If you can help (especially with running booth!), please get in touch with me at this email address.

Questions/suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,

Paul Theriault
Security Manager, Firefox OS

[1] http://haxpo.nl/hitb2014ams-hackweekday/ *
[2] http://haxpo.nl/hitb2014ams-haxpo/

* note that the competition will likely be focused on Firefox OS Apps instead of the SOS app as described currently on this site

T.M. van den Broek

Apr 14, 2014, 3:15:14 AM4/14/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Gary Kwong

Hi paul,

As promised I will discus this with the comunity on our meeting saterday.

Greetings tim maks

Mozilla nl
Mozilla Rep

Verzonden vanaf Samsung-tablet

Apr 14, 2014, 3:26:11 AM4/14/14
to T.M. van den Broek, communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks very much!

Martijn

Apr 19, 2014, 7:57:12 AM4/19/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Gary Kwong, T.M. van den Broek
Hi Paul,

I think I can attend and help running the booth, if nothing comes inbetween.

Regards,
Martijn

Ruben Guerra Marin

Apr 20, 2014, 6:58:25 AM4/20/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Martijn, Gary Kwong, T.M. van den Broek
Hi Paul,

I might also be able to help running the booth (:

greetings!

--
Rubén Guerra Marín
rguerr...@gmail.com

Paul Theriault

Apr 21, 2014, 10:29:42 PM4/21/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Martijn, Gary Kwong, T.M. van den Broek
Thanks all, I’ll be in touch shortly with event details.

How did the meeting go on the weekend - were there any suggestions for demos or other booth activities to host at the HITB conference?

Ruben Guerra Marin

Apr 28, 2014, 5:53:36 AM4/28/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Martijn, Gary Kwong, T.M. van den Broek, Paul Theriault
Hi Paul,

Do we register for the haxpo? or are you gonna register us as booth
staff? (:

greetings,

Paul Theriault

Apr 28, 2014, 6:55:54 AM4/28/14
to Ruben Guerra Marin, Martijn, Mark Goodwin, communi...@lists.mozilla.org, T.M. van den Broek, Gary Kwong
Haxpo is open to the public AFAIK - so I don’t think you need to register to attend (but Ill confirm, and I will find out if we need to do anything to register booth staff etc)

Ruben Guerra Marin

Apr 28, 2014, 7:02:31 AM4/28/14
to Paul Theriault, Martijn, Mark Goodwin, communi...@lists.mozilla.org, T.M. van den Broek, Gary Kwong
I asked because if you get into the webpage:
http://haxpo.nl/hitb2014ams-haxpo/ , and it says it is free, but also
says: Register online now, and then it takes you to a registration page
:P

dhillon...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 2:03:09 AM5/1/14
to mozilla-com...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi guys - Exhibitors do not need to register in advance - we'll do so for you if you provide your details to Paul. For the community members who are attending / just stopping by, then yes, please do register via the site.

See you guys in May!

Onno Ekker

May 1, 2014, 4:39:12 AM5/1/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,
Do exhibitors of the haxpo also get free entrance to the security
conference?
Onno

On 5/1/2014 8:03 AM, dhillon...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi guys - Exhibitors do not need to register in advance - we'll do so for you if you provide your details to Paul. For the community members who are attending / just stopping by, then yes, please do register via the site.
>
> See you guys in May!

Ruben Guerra Marin

May 1, 2014, 6:01:05 AM5/1/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org, Onno Ekker
Hi Paul,

with what details do we need to provide you? (: and also, would be
possible to get reimbursement for the train?

thanks!

Paul Theriault

May 8, 2014, 7:17:41 AM5/8/14

On 1 May 2014, at 8:01 pm, Ruben Guerra Marin <rguerr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> with what details do we need to provide you? (: and also, would be
> possible to get reimbursement for the train?

Just your name, and wh at days you can help on for now.
And yes we should be able to work something out for local travel costs - just email me off list.

Thanks!

> thanks!
>

> --
> Rubén Guerra Marín
> rguerr...@gmail.com
> http://www.rugebiker.com/

Paul Theriault

May 8, 2014, 7:38:05 AM5/8/14

On 1 May 2014, at 6:39 pm, Onno Ekker <o.e....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Do exhibitors of the haxpo also get free entrance to the security
> conference?
> Onno

Not as far as I am aware. But we do have some conference passes as part of sponsoring. We could probably come to some arrangement for volunteers who were interested in attending HITBSecConf.

> On 5/1/2014 8:03 AM, dhillon...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi guys - Exhibitors do not need to register in advance - we'll do so for you if you provide your details to Paul. For the community members who are attending / just stopping by, then yes, please do register via the site.
>>
>> See you guys in May!
>>
>> On Monday, April 28, 2014 7:02:31 PM UTC+8, Ruben Guerra Marin wrote:
>>> I asked because if you get into the webpage:
>>>
>>> http://haxpo.nl/hitb2014ams-haxpo/ , and it says it is free, but also
>>>
>>> says: Register online now, and then it takes you to a registration page
>>>
>>> :P

Ruben Guerra Marin

May 18, 2014, 5:59:43 AM5/18/14
to communi...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Paul,

(this email is only for you)
So for the haxpo, I am only able to attend on the 30th, due to the days
before I have school. I can attend and help at the Mozilla booth all day
the 30th, and I can also bring my keon phone to show there.
My name: Ruben Guerra
Mail: rguerr...@gmail.com

I would also like to get travel expenses for my train if possible. If
you need any more information from me just let me know.

greetings,

--
Rub�n Guerra Mar�n
rguerr...@gmail.com