Set goal with joystick

Chris Meaclem

Jun 19, 2014, 9:28:57 PM6/19/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I wish to move the Goal State interactive marker in RVIZ with a joystick instead of using the mouse.

I have been tried publishing to move_group/goal as well as using the MoveGroupCommander to set a pose goal with set_pose_target but have been unsuccessful.

Does anyone have insight on how i should approach this?

Regards,

Chris.

Chris Meaclem

Jun 19, 2014, 9:29:45 PM6/19/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
I should have mentioned this is using ROS Hydro.

Ryohei Ueda

Jun 20, 2014, 12:11:42 AM6/20/14
to Chris Meaclem, moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've implemented geometry_msgs::PoseStamped interface at hydro-devel
branch of https://github.com/garaemon/moveit_ros
If you have a program to publish geometry_msgs::PoseStamped, you can
control moveit from joy stick.

https://github.com/jsk-ros-pkg/jsk_control/blob/master/jsk_teleop_joy/src/jsk_teleop_joy/plugin/moveit.py
https://github.com/jsk-ros-pkg/jsk_control/blob/master/jsk_teleop_joy/launch/pr2_moveit.launch

These are the sample programs.

However, this PoseStamped interface is just a hack.
For example, if a planning group have several endeffectors, it does not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQXsQLz0D6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88qX8gdbDI

Best,
-- ryohei

Dave Coleman

Jun 22, 2014, 10:06:21 PM6/22/14
to Ryohei Ueda, Chris Meaclem, moveit-users
So cool Ryohei!

Can we add a way to handle several end effectors?

- Dave C

Chris Meaclem

Jun 22, 2014, 10:27:00 PM6/22/14
to moveit...@googlegroups.com, cmea...@gmail.com
Ryohei,

Wow, thank's so much. I look forward to trying this later in the week,
It seems to be almost exactly what i was hoping to do.

Regards,

Chris.

Ryohei Ueda

Jun 22, 2014, 11:34:12 PM6/22/14
to Chris Meaclem, moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris and Dave,

Today, I will update joy stick branch to support multi-endeffector and
add simple samples.
I will let you know after finishing writing codes.

Regards,

-- ryohei

Ryohei Ueda

Jun 23, 2014, 6:29:07 AM6/23/14
to Chris Meaclem, moveit...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I finished the patch as a PR:
https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit_ros/pull/471

A sample code to control moveit rviz plugins from other ros node will
be like this: https://gist.github.com/garaemon/c8a67cc68f71772e3d50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9qyQLPGaQ&feature=youtu.be

regards,
-- ryohei

Dave Coleman

Jun 14, 2016, 4:14:06 PM6/14/16
to Ryohei Ueda, Chris Meaclem, moveit-users
For those interested in using Ryohei's MoveIt!'s joystick control functionality for planning, the tutorials from Ryohei and I have finally been uploaded to the website. Enjoy!

- dave