MoveIt! webpage changes

Sachin Chitta

Sep 17, 2015, 8:59:24 PM9/17/15
to moveit-users
The MoveIt! webpage has been moved to use github-pages, thanks to help from MoveIt! user Praveen Singh. This makes it easier to maintain (the old webpage setup based on Wordpress was outdated and broken).

As a result of this move, the old MoveIt! wiki no longer exists. We do have a backup of it and can move information over if needed. The documentation in the Wiki was outdated, so please let me know if there's particular parts of the Wiki that should be ported over.

If you are willing to contribute tutorials and documentation (or anything else), PRs are welcome against the relevant github repo: https://github.com/julienking/julienking.github.io

Best Regards,
Sachin

G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME

Sep 18, 2015, 2:57:18 AM9/18/15
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
On 18/09/15 02:59, Sachin Chitta wrote:
> The MoveIt! webpage has been moved to use github-pages, thanks to help from
> MoveIt! user Praveen Singh. This makes it easier to maintain (the old
> webpage setup based on Wordpress was outdated and broken).
>
> As a result of this move, the old MoveIt! wiki no longer exists. We do have
> a backup of it and can move information over if needed. The documentation
> in the Wiki was outdated, so please let me know if there's particular parts
> of the Wiki that should be ported over.

Can we setup a redirect from the old pages to the new one?

Or at least to a page explaining this change? I expect a lot of people
who not frequent this mailing list to be thoroughly confused about this.

G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME

Sep 19, 2015, 2:57:25 AM9/19/15
to moveit...@googlegroups.com
On 18/09/15 08:57, G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME wrote:
> On 18/09/15 02:59, Sachin Chitta wrote:
>> The MoveIt! webpage has been moved to use github-pages, thanks to help
>> from
>> MoveIt! user Praveen Singh. This makes it easier to maintain (the old
>> webpage setup based on Wordpress was outdated and broken).
>>
>> As a result of this move, the old MoveIt! wiki no longer exists. We do
>> have
>> a backup of it and can move information over if needed. The documentation
>> in the Wiki was outdated, so please let me know if there's particular
>> parts
>> of the Wiki that should be ported over.
>
> Can we setup a redirect from the old pages to the new one?
>
> Or at least to a page explaining this change? I expect a lot of people
> who not frequent this mailing list to be thoroughly confused about this.

From ROS Answers: "Moveit! Wiki gone without trace" [1]:

"The MoveIt! wiki seems to have disappeared without a trace - Google
is still returning results for it at the top of its listings."

Gijs

[1] http://answers.ros.org/question/217870/moveit-wiki-gone-without-trace/

Sachin Chitta

Sep 19, 2015, 11:07:46 AM9/19/15
to G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME, moveit-users
A wiki removal notice will now show up for the Wiki page: movie.ros.org/wiki

If there are other pages that should be redirected here, let me know. I expect Google links will update in a few days to point to the right pages on the website.

Thanks Gijs for bringing this to our attention.

Sachin

Sachin Chitta

Sep 19, 2015, 11:08:23 AM9/19/15
to G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME, moveit-users
Sorry, that should be:

Sachin
Message has been deleted

Fred Eisele

Sep 22, 2015, 5:06:57 PM9/22/15
to MoveIt! Users, g.a.van...@tudelft.nl
http://sdk.rethinkrobotics.com/wiki/MoveIt_Tutorial#Programmatic_interaction_for_planning

I patched the links from the Rethink Robotics tutorial as best I could.
The old links are still there, with references to what I believe are the modern equivalents.