MongoDB 1.8.1 Released

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 6, 2011, 4:53:39 PM4/6/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.8.1 has been released.
This version fixes a few issues in 1.8.0 and is a recommended upgrade
for all users.

Notable changes:
* sharding migrate fix when moving larger chunks
* durability fix with background indexing
* fixed mongos concurrency issue with many incoming connections

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10260

Please let us know of any issue,
-Eliot

Matt

Apr 6, 2011, 5:11:36 PM4/6/11
to mongodb-user
Are the debian packages available yet?

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 6, 2011, 5:14:13 PM4/6/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Yes, should be all set.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Matt <ma...@ziplinegames.com> wrote:
> Are the debian packages available yet?

Matt

Apr 19, 2011, 11:38:50 AM4/19/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
One more quick question -- Is there a development package available?

I'm trying to build a driver (luamongo) that requires the development libs but they don't seem to be available in any fashion other than doing a full build of mongodb with the --sharedclient and --full flags set (i.e. scons install --sharedclient --full).

Apparently they were available at one time in the past but were removed from the standard package distributions around 1.6.5?

Thanks!

Eliot Horowitz

Apr 19, 2011, 11:53:37 AM4/19/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com