Replica Set with MongoDB on Linux

Chao

Mar 2, 2012, 6:25:16 PM3/2/12
to mongodb-user
Started with command "./mongod --rest --replSet testSet"
Then in mongo run command "rs.initiate()"

in dbpath, MongoDB keeps generating local.* file, each is 2GB.

Is that normal? I don't have any operations yet, why there are so many
pre-allocate oplog files generated? Before I shut it down, 10 files
generated in about 10 minutes.

Message has been deleted

Scott Hernandez

Mar 2, 2012, 8:06:17 PM3/2/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

These files are the oplog (a capped collection which is fixed size) which defaults to five percent of free space. It is used for replication is a requirement.

If you want to use more, or less, space you can use the oplogSize option as listed in --help and the docs.