Monary: High-performance column queries for MongoDB

David Beach

Jan 22, 2011, 9:17:04 PM1/22/11
to mongodb-user
Hello,

I'm putting in a quick plug for a new project I've just released
called "monary". It is designed for high-performance column-
extraction from MongoDB, and may be useful for anyone doing analytics
with MongoDB.

The project currently supports Python with the popular NumPy
extension. It is able to load data into "column arrays" approximately
20x faster than can be achieved using the pymongo driver. It is open
source under the Apache 2.0 license.

If you think this might be of interest to you, please read my blog
article:

http://www.djcinnovations.com/archives/103

And check out the source code from bitbucket (Linux & OS X only, for
now):

https://bitbucket.org/djcbeach/monary/overview

Thanks!

David Beach

andy hayden

Oct 25, 2013, 3:41:50 PM10/25/13
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

This project is really useful (sorry to be so late to the party)!

Would you consider adding this to pip?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9411494/how-do-i-create-a-pip-installable-project

Best,
Andy

p.s. Your blog appears to be down. :(

Kevin Davenport

Jan 17, 2014, 5:40:47 PM1/17/14
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Just discovered Monary, awesome project! Wish MongoDB would bring it into the fold :)