MongoDB 1.8.0 Released

Eliot Horowitz

Mar 16, 2011, 3:26:51 PM3/16/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.8.0 has been released.
For details, please see:
http://blog.mongodb.org/post/3903149313/mongodb-1-8-released

Quick Links:

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Release Notes: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/1.8+Release+Notes
Full change log:
http://jira.mongodb.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?requestId=10128

Thanks for all the help along the way,
-Eliot and the MongoDB team

Ofer Fort

Mar 16, 2011, 6:47:18 PM3/16/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
That's great news, we've been waiting for this release (still using 1.6.5...) and looking forward to all it's new features and improvements.

A quick question though, we have been monitoring those two issues:http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user/browse_thread/thread/52a18b072aecb7ef/ and http://groups.google.com/group/mongodb-user/browse_thread/thread/92cea4e6df8b9c01/ since we have pretty big collections, and chunk splitting and replication are major issues for us.
Were they addressed in the release?

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Eliot Horowitz

Mar 16, 2011, 9:20:20 PM3/16/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Those issues are pretty specific to single deployments at this point,
so I don't think those are general issues.
There were lots of improvements to splitting and balancing overall.

ruby

Mar 17, 2011, 2:53:21 AM3/17/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Eliot Horowitz <eliothorowitz@...> writes:

Bug SERVER-2719 mongod running as a service on Windows does not restart
correctly after a reboot Robert Stam Robert Stam Major Resolved
Resolved Fixed 2 1.8.0
1.9.0 Mar 09 2011 UTC Mar 16 2011 UTC
http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-2719

hi, isn't this fix included in 1.8.0?

I find that this error still occurs in 1.8.0 windows x64

logfile:
Thu Mar 17 14:50:46 [initandlisten] exception in initAndListen std::
exception: old lock file, terminating
Thu Mar 17 14:50:46 dbexit:

and still, upon reboot the mongod.lock file is not empty.
It contains one line of text with a number in it.

Eliot Horowitz

Mar 17, 2011, 2:56:18 AM3/17/11
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
No, it got pushed to 1.8.1, sorry for the confusion.
Will be in the 1.8 nightly tomorrow.