MongoDB 1.7.4 (unstable) Released

Eliot Horowitz

Dec 21, 2010, 12:17:00 PM12/21/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com, mongodb-...@googlegroups.com, mongo...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB 1.7.4 is now available.
As a reminder, 1.7 is the development branch and is not intended for production.
Development for 1.8 is almost done, so this is one of the last 1.7
releases before 1.8.0-rc0.

Notable Changes:
- mongos will route SLAVE_OK queries to secondaries in replica sets
- new map/reduce output, see: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/MapReduce
- sparse indexes, see:
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Indexes#Indexes-SparseIndexes

Downloads: http://www.mongodb.org/downloads
Change Log: http://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER/fixforversion/10210

As always, please let us know of any issues,
-Eliot

Jamal

Dec 22, 2010, 11:09:17 AM12/22/10
to mongodb-user
Great work guys :D

Looking forward for the release :D

Sam Millman

Dec 22, 2010, 11:21:55 AM12/22/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I have one quick question. The new output for the map/reduce, it requires a collection name all the time now. Does this mean temporary collections no longer exist? Since returning inline might work for say 50k rows but then I would start going over the 8MB limit...

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Eliot Horowitz

Dec 22, 2010, 1:57:59 PM12/22/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Correct - no more temporary collections.
For larger results sets, you have to specify your own "out" collection
and drop when you're done.

A. Fontana

Dec 27, 2010, 4:53:12 AM12/27/10
to mongodb-user
How can I get a unique collection name? (considering multiple m/r
requests?)

Eliot Horowitz

Dec 27, 2010, 7:50:59 AM12/27/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
You can generate one using any guid (including object id)
So something like "mrout." + new ObjectId()

brahmana

Dec 31, 2010, 5:14:29 AM12/31/10
to mongodb-user

On Dec 21, 10:17 pm, Eliot Horowitz <eliothorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MongoDB 1.7.4 is now available.
> As a reminder, 1.7 is the development branch and is not intended for production.
> Development for 1.8 is almost done, so this is one of the last 1.7
> releases before 1.8.0-rc0.

This is awesome. Thank you very much for your efforts.

When can we expect the final 1.8.0 release? (Just a probable date)

Regards,
Brahmana