Re: VM installer for Azure: null response in validate-image-name.js when querying OS images

gregor

Jul 10, 2012, 10:49:10 AM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Are you just seeing problems trying to use this exising image? Can you deploy with another image/ create a new image sucessfully?

On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:36:11 AM UTC+1, Ryan Smith wrote:
I am not able to run the VM installer for Azure successfully.

First I was getting a null error in validate-image-name.js [line 205] when retrieving OS images.
When I correct that error by adding a null-check condition for variable 'rspobj', I can then see the error message from Azure management call: "Error: getaddrinfo ENOENT".
I have retried the installation multiple times over the past two hours with the same result.

Command line: .\deploy-mongo.ps1 1 mongodb-si-02 mongoDBsi mypass "West US" "C:\....publishsettings"

Output:
info:    Executing command account import
info:    Setting service endpoint to: https://management.core.windows.net/
info:    Found subscription: RSAzure
info:    Found subscription: Windows Azure MSDN - Visual Studio Ultimate
info:    Setting default subscription to: RSAzure
info:    Use "azure account set" to change to a different one.
warn:    The 'C:\...publishsettings' file contains sensitive
information.
warn:    Remember to delete it now that it has been imported.
info:    Account publish settings imported successfully
info:    account import command OK
info:   Validating image 'mongoDBsi'
|error:  Error: getaddrinfo ENOENT
error:  Image validation failed

Thanks,
Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith

Jul 10, 2012, 12:49:03 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I see the same error for both an existing image, and for new image.

Ryan Smith

Jul 10, 2012, 1:08:56 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
There may be an issue with my network or workstation. My associate successfully ran the installer this morning using the same Azure account / image. I will experiment.

Thanks

sridhar

Jul 10, 2012, 1:16:52 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Did you allow the tool to install node or did you have node previously installed? If you previously had it installed what version of node?

Ryan Smith

Jul 10, 2012, 1:32:21 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sridhar,
We are allowing the tool to install the node.

See also the IRC channel -- freenode.net#mongodb

sridhar

Jul 10, 2012, 2:06:43 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I have not seen this exception previously. Searching seems to indicate it could be a proxy issue. Do you have to use a proxy on your browsers?
Hello Sridhar,

Ryan Smith

Jul 10, 2012, 3:03:20 PM7/10/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Nope, no proxy. Since my co-worker can run it successfully, we will try to triangulate on the issue and post if we figure it out.

sridhar

Jul 16, 2012, 2:00:38 PM7/16/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Were you able to get this working? The current installer seems to have some intermittent issues. I am working on getting a fixed version of the installer out shortly that will work with node 0.8.2

Ryan Smith

Jul 16, 2012, 3:00:36 PM7/16/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

We did not get it working on my system, but we were able to set up an Azure VM using another workstation.

We are ultimately targeting the worker role solution, so we are OK on this issue now.

Thanks

sridhar

Aug 14, 2012, 3:32:17 AM8/14/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I just uploaded a new version of the installer that is compatible with the latest node version. This should install as v0.5.4 of MongoDB Installer of Windows Azure. Before installing this new version make sure to uninstall the previous installer, node.js and the previously installed node packages.

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:12:13 PM UTC-7, Zoiner Tejada wrote:
Hi Guys,

Wondering if any progress has been made on this issue? I tried running the installer I downloaded today and got a slightly different (but possibly related) issue with the image validation logic.

info:   Validating image 'tnmongoiaasvhd'
\ Retrieving OS images
C:\Program Files (x86)\MongoDB\Windows Azure\MongoDBInstVM\June2012\PowerShell\validate-image-name.js:205
    if (rspobj.isSuccessful && rspobj.body) {
              ^
TypeError: Cannot read property 'isSuccessful' of null
    at C:\Program Files (x86)\MongoDB\Windows Azure\MongoDBInstVM\June2012\PowerShell\validate-image-name.js:205:15
    at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\azure\lib\services\serviceManagement\servicemanagementservice.js:222:7
    at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\azure\lib\services\core\serviceclient.js:561:11
    at C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\azure\lib\services\serviceManagement\servicemanagementservice.js:225:5
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\azure\lib\services\core\serviceclient.js:247:11)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:67:17)
    at CleartextStream.socketErrorListener (http.js:1188:9)
    at CleartextStream.emit (events.js:67:17)
    at Socket.onerror (tls.js:1146:17)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:88:20)
error:  Image validation failed

Thanks in advance,
Zoiner

Zoiner Tejada

Aug 14, 2012, 5:59:58 PM8/14/12
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
That updated installer did the trick and got me thru a full installation, nicely done Sridhar!

Thanks,
Zoiner