Breaking changes when upgrading to 6.0

Dan Book

Apr 7, 2015, 5:37:57 PM4/7/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have put together a document on the wiki to record breaking changes in a readable manner for those looking to upgrade to the newest version of Mojolicious. Feel free to add to the page if I have missed anything important.

-Dan

sri

Apr 7, 2015, 5:44:06 PM4/7/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

--
sebastian

Alex Efros

Apr 7, 2015, 6:14:37 PM4/7/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

On Tue, Apr 07, 2015 at 02:37:57PM -0700, Dan Book wrote:
> I have put together a document on the wiki to record breaking changes in a
> readable manner for those looking to upgrade to the newest version of
> Mojolicious. Feel free to add to the page if I have missed anything
> important.

You missed to add link to that page to main wiki's page and also to every
official guide.

P.S. Probably it would be nice to have in Features list on http://mojolicio.us/
something like:
* We're renaming some API every few months just to not let you get bored.

--
WBR, Alex.

sri

Apr 7, 2015, 10:58:46 PM4/7/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
P.S. Probably it would be nice to have in Features list on http://mojolicio.us/
something like:
    * We're renaming some API every few months just to not let you get bored.

Judging by your posting history, i'm going to consider this comment mean spirited. Please refrain from posting unconstructive comments like this in the future.

--
sebastian

mjb152

Apr 8, 2015, 11:54:31 AM4/8/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Nice work, that's a useful thing to have

Helmut Wollmersdorfer

Apr 10, 2015, 7:22:05 AM4/10/15
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

Am Dienstag, 7. April 2015 23:37:57 UTC+2 schrieb Dan Book:

Fine work.

Hopefully this helps to have fewer commits on the next 5 apps to upgrade here, than the ~50 commits I needed for 4 dists in the last weeks to get them "green" again.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer