Perl 5.10

sri

Jul 26, 2014, 7:58:34 PM7/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
If you're still using Perl 5.10, now would be a good time to plan your upgrade. I've just released Mojolicious 5.20 and we have reached the point where Mojolicious::Plugin::PODRenderer is no longer maintainable on Perl versions older than 5.12, so it is no longer available on Perl 5.10.

Judging by how we've handled these mixed requirement issues in the past, i expect that we will soon bump the minimal requirement of Mojolicious to at least Perl 5.12, so be prepared.

--
sebastian

sri

Jul 26, 2014, 8:35:52 PM7/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
And for anyone panicking right now, if you really need to use older versions of Perl, there's also the backport.

--
sebastian

Neil Watson

Jul 27, 2014, 9:07:10 AM7/27/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Good news for those stuck in corporate conservatism, RHEL 7 ships with
Perl 5.16.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant

sri

Jul 27, 2014, 9:58:23 AM7/27/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com, ne...@watson-wilson.ca
We are not going to rush this and will be trying something else in the meantime.

Mojolicious 5.21 will require a separate dependency (Pod::Simple 3.09) to be installed on Perl 5.10.1 and only be "dependency free" on Perl 5.12+.

--
sebastian