What databases are you using with Mojolicious? (Poll)

sri

Sep 25, 2014, 3:07:07 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

sri

Sep 25, 2014, 3:09:53 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious?

I'll start... right at this moment i'm using PostgreSQL and SQLite.

And which modules are you currently using to access them?

And i'm using a custom wrapper around DBD::Pg and DBD::SQLite to access them.

--
sebastian

Ben van Staveren

Sep 25, 2014, 3:16:28 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB using Mango (sniff... cry... sob)
PostgreSQL with DBD::Pg and some really nasty glue code
MySQL with the usual suspect and more crazy glue
SQLite with DBD::Sqlite3 (or however it's cased), with no special stuff
in it altogether

aaaaand... *drum roll*

ElasticSearch.

(the latter is obviously not strictly really speaking a database but
with a proper amount of elbow grease and mild threats to your sanity can
be made to work as such)

Tobias Oetiker

Sep 25, 2014, 3:19:15 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Today sri wrote:

> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And
> which modules are you currently using to access them?

SQLite
Postgres

both with the DBI DBD drivers

both blocking

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch to...@oetiker.ch +41 62 775 9902

s...@alexbyk.com

Sep 25, 2014, 3:32:31 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
I was using Rose::DB::Object and DBIx::Class (Both with MySQL), and...
started to use Mango :-\ in new projects :-)
I like Mango so I'm going to use it further.

Sebastian, does a new dev. release of MongoDB have any breaking changes?
Or it was another reason?

Neil Watson

Sep 25, 2014, 3:47:52 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Posgresql with DBI/DBD drivers.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant

Александр Грошев

Sep 25, 2014, 3:53:22 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL using DBI and DBD::Pg

С уважением, Александр Грошев.

Gabriel Vieira

Sep 25, 2014, 4:24:32 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL and SQLite
DBIx::Class and DBIx::Custom
Gabriel Vieira

Per Carlson

Sep 25, 2014, 4:29:16 PM9/25/14
to mojolicious
PostgreSQL and SQLite using DBIx::Class or DBIx::Simple+SQL::Abstract

Pelle

- Wernher von Braun

Allan Cochrane

Sep 25, 2014, 4:36:14 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Vertica with DBD::ODBC, SQL::Abstract, DBIx::Simple

MongoDB

Allan

Dan Wierenga

Sep 25, 2014, 4:45:22 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MariaDB via DBD::mysql and MS SQL Server via DBD::ODBC.

Cecile Neu

Sep 25, 2014, 5:00:26 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Am 25.09.2014 21:07, schrieb sri:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious?
> And which modules are you currently using to access them?

DynamoDB using a custom non-blocking library based on Amazon::DynamoDB

Cheers,
Cecile

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen

Sep 25, 2014, 5:20:18 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL, MySQL (and Percona, MariaDB), sqlite, with DBI/DBD

Glen

Sep 25, 2014, 5:24:01 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL, sqlite3, DBD::mysql, DBD::sqlite3

Karl Boehnker

Sep 25, 2014, 5:29:54 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Mysql with custom wrapper around DBIx::Connector/DBI.

Mark Dueck

Sep 25, 2014, 5:51:51 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB using the MongoDB driver (and the kitchen sink with it), MySQL using DBD/DBI and RRD!

Luc Didry

Sep 25, 2014, 5:58:56 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On 25/09/2014 21:07, sri wrote:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious?

MySQL and SQLite.

> And which modules are you currently using to access them?

DBIx::Class and ORLite

In the case I had to use PostgreSQL, I would use DBIx::Class too.
--
Luc
http://www.fiat-tux.fr/

signature.asc

jay m

Sep 25, 2014, 5:59:15 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

mysql with DBIx::Connector and a proprietary ORM layer
MongoDB with Mongoose

jay

Ian Firns

Sep 25, 2014, 6:51:11 PM9/25/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB via Mango
SQLite via DBD::SQLite3

Stefan Adams

Sep 26, 2014, 12:29:20 AM9/26/14
to mojolicious

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 2:07 PM, sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

I originally was using DBIx::Class with MySQL but got bit hard by the blocking.  I didn't know what to do about it.  I tried DBIx::Custom (I think) as it had some experimental support for async.  It's true, it worked.  But I didn't really stick with it.  Plus, the whole time, I cursed my daily life dealing with duplicating efforts between my code and my DB schema.  I really hated what I was doing.  And when my DB access was blocking on top of that, I felt I had to see what else was out there.  I then discovered NoSQL and think that schemaless doc-based DBs are the Holy Grail.  CouchDB seemed easier to comprehend than MongoDB.  I've been working with CouchDB since.  I like it a lot.  I'm still learning how to design my data structure as I'm so used to relational models.  But I'm having a lot of fun with the JSON documents and creating views.

Glen

Sep 26, 2014, 1:02:43 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
I prefer the schema and SQL, but the key is to have it generated for you.

It's key to be able to deploy to a DB with dbic config and vice versa with one step, or you will indeed hate your life.

Andrey Khozov

Sep 26, 2014, 2:12:09 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB via Mango
ElasticSearch via Search::Elasticsearch::Async
PostgreSQL via DBI

Andrey Khozov

AVM

Sep 26, 2014, 2:21:12 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

Alexander Karelas

Sep 26, 2014, 3:21:22 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL in blocking-mode, using DBD::mysql and an ORM (Rose::DB::Object)

- Alex

Roland Lammel

Sep 26, 2014, 3:23:00 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
DBI and DBIx::Class with MySQL (blocking)
Mango and MongoDB with MongoDB (testing purposes only)
Mojo::Util slurp/spurt with Files ;-)
Mojolicious::UserAgent to store/retrieve via REST

+rl
--
Roland Lammel
QuikIT - IT Lösungen - flexibel und schnell

"Enjoy your job, make lots of money, work within the law. Choose any two."

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM, AVM <avm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mysql with custom wrapper around DBIx::Connector/DBI.

heince.nvg

Sep 26, 2014, 5:11:52 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL with DBIx::Connector
PostgreSQL with DBD::Pg

Helmut Wollmersdorfer

Sep 26, 2014, 6:14:56 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2014 21:07:07 UTC+2 schrieb sri:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

MySQL, SQLite,  PostgreSQL

via

DBIx::Class, DBIx::Class::Schema

and try to use DBIx::Class::DeploymentHandler in future.

Where possible, I run tests on all 3 DBs (MySQL, SQLite,  PostgreSQL).

Daniel Vinciguerra

Sep 26, 2014, 7:27:47 AM9/26/14
to mojolicious
using MySQL and SQLite (DBIx::Class and ObjectDB)

Daniel Vinciguerra (@dvinciguerra)

Web solution architect, perl dev, vegetarian, geek and co-founder at Bivee
bivee.com.br  -  github.com/Bivee

Michel

Sep 26, 2014, 8:17:14 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
CouchDB with a custom module I did not put on CPAN

rasta

Sep 26, 2014, 8:19:12 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB using Mango (sniff... cry... sob)

+1

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:16:28 PM UTC+2, Ben van Staveren wrote:
On 09/26/2014 02:07 AM, sri wrote:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And
> which modules are you currently using to access them?
>
> --
> sebastian
MongoDB using Mango (sniff... cry... sob)
PostgreSQL with DBD::Pg and some really nasty glue code
MySQL with the usual suspect and more crazy glue
SQLite with DBD::Sqlite3 (or however it's cased), with no special stuff
in it altogether

aaaaand... *drum roll*

ElasticSearch.

(the latter is obviously not strictly really speaking a database but
with a proper amount of elbow grease and mild threats to your sanity can
be made to work as such)

Brian Duggan

Sep 26, 2014, 8:56:53 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, September 25, sri wrote:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And
> which modules are you currently using to access them?

For large projects : PostgreSQL with Rose::DB::Object and a little
DBIx::Simple, DBIx::Custom and plain DBI/DBD::Pg.

For small/experimental projects I've really enjoyed redis (with RedisDB as
well as Mojo::Redis).

Brian

Daniel Mantovani

Sep 26, 2014, 9:40:55 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Postgresql & DBIx::Class

Daniel

El jueves, 25 de septiembre de 2014 16:07:07 UTC-3, sri escribió:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

Mike Slattery

Sep 26, 2014, 9:43:23 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL using DBD::Pg, handrolled SQL and modules that take care of very simple joins.

Would love to see ElasticSearch examples!

Joe Landman

Sep 26, 2014, 9:57:23 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On 09/25/2014 03:07 PM, sri wrote:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with
> Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

Currently using SQLite3 -> DBD::SQLite, starting to work with Tarantool
-> DR::Tarantool and ArangoDB -> ArangoDB. Was using MongoDB, but had
a number of issues with it, so we left it. I looked at RethinkDB ->
https://github.com/njlg/perl-rethinkdb .

I've been hoping UnQLite -> https://metacpan.org/pod/UnQLite will get
better over time, so I am keeping my eye on that. I've looked a little
at Tie::LevelDB as well.

I've used PostgreSQL in the past with DBI/DBD::pg and some wrappers
(DBIx::SimplePerl, because I hate writing SQL).

Paolo Saudin

Sep 26, 2014, 10:28:33 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL with DBIx::Connector

paolo saudin

Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

Fred Steinberg

Sep 26, 2014, 10:29:45 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL

DBIx::Class

M. Aaron Bossert

Sep 26, 2014, 10:34:25 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Mysql with dbi/dbd

Custom Apache Jena SPARQL endpoint

Aaron

Harun Delgado

Sep 26, 2014, 10:41:06 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL / PostgreSQL : DBIx::Class

And in cases where I need non-blocking : Redis and other process dump to mysql or postgresql.

Jarun Delgado

http://djmania.es

Виктор Турский

Sep 26, 2014, 11:15:04 AM9/26/14
to Mojolicious
MySQL + Rose::DB::Object
> --

Viktor Turskyi
http://webbylab.com
http://koorchik.blogspot.com

Scott

Sep 26, 2014, 11:54:10 AM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB with Mango
MySQL with DBIx::Connector/DBIx::Simple

Anyone using PostgreSQL's NoSQL capabilities along with the traditional sql approach?

S. Kiehn

Michael Ezzell

Sep 26, 2014, 12:35:25 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

MySQL... my perception is that we lack solid non-blocking solutions in that arena, so I have rolled some of my own, which I hope to make available once they take on a more solid form:

I have a Mojo-based MySQL/JSON REST "gateway" (somewhat reminiscent of DBSlayer, it's technically more of a DBI/JSON gateway, with actions named after DBI method calls), speaks JSON, uses blocking calls to DBI, runs under Hypnotoad with one client (and one DBI connection) per process, and it's accessed via nonblocking Mojo::UserAgent calls from the application, which is either in a different process or on an entirely different server.  This one is used in production.

I've also been toying with a this same basic model, but a MySQL/JSON helper process that uses blocking DBI calls from perl threads, speaking JSON on STDIN/STDOUT.  The application spawns and communicates with this code, non-blocking, via Mojo::IOLoop::ReadWriteFork. Each database request is assigned an opaque identifier on the application side, which is returned with the response by the gateway, allowing concurrent queries to be run and disambiguated  (the callback for the response is  mapped to the opaque ID).

And I've played around a bit with the idea of a new pure-perl non-blocking MySQL interface using Mojo::IOLoop::Client.  Lots of interesting challenges, there, but if it can perform, I think this would be my ideal solution.

Of course, in some cases, I just use DBI and wait.

Also, there's Memcache... which isn't what you'd typically think of as a "database," but we do have a web platform which, in QA mode, uses memcache as its session store.  For a sidecar Mojolicious application that needs to access this session store, I wrote a plugin that uses Mojo::IOLoop::Client and has a ground-up implementation of a subset of the memcache text protocol.  Currently, it only supports "get" (of single keys) and "version," (for keepalives) but that's what I needed.  It's also non-blocking and can have multiple queries simultaneously in-flight on one connection.  MySQL introduced a memcache interface to InnoDB in 5.6...  I haven't tested my code against it, yet, but this seems like it could also have interesting implications for simple, quick, lightweight, nonblocking database key/value lookups from MySQL down the road.

sri

Sep 26, 2014, 12:55:16 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this thread gives a great overview of what the community currently looks like, personally i'm (positively) surprised how strong SQL databases are represented. So here's a bonus question, how do you manage schema upgrades?

--
sebastian

Glen

Sep 26, 2014, 12:58:15 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
*crickets*

Stefan Adams

Sep 26, 2014, 1:01:52 PM9/26/14
to mojolicious

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM, sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
how do you manage schema upgrades?

I have only used DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, more specifically dbicdump.  I've tied that into a Mojolicious::Command such that I could upgrade fairly easily using my Mojo app commands as the basis for all things maintenance.  M::C FTW!  :)

Neil Watson

Sep 26, 2014, 1:05:11 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 09:55:16AM -0700, sri wrote:
> databases are represented. So here's a bonus question, how do you manage
> schema upgrades?

Haven't had to yet. If I do I think I'll have the application examine
the schema and make the change when needed. I haven't thought hard about
it.

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant

Brian Duggan

Sep 26, 2014, 1:46:50 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Module::Build::Database

https://metacpan.org/pod/Module::Build::Database

Brian

Per Carlson

Sep 26, 2014, 2:02:12 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

Den fredag 26. september 2014 skrev sri <kra...@googlemail.com> følgende:
Wow, this thread gives a great overview of what the community currently looks like, personally i'm (positively) surprised how strong SQL databases are represented. So here's a bonus question, how do you manage schema upgrades?

I've just started using DBIx::Class::DeploymentHandler. It's a bit of struggle to get understand how it works, but it's terrific when you get the grip of it.

--
Pelle

- Wernher von Braun

Allan Cochrane

Sep 26, 2014, 2:36:43 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

our app has a very wide table and outside of and asynchronously to the Mojo application that plucks data from the database the wide table can be widened. So for every query we check 1) the DB description of the table and 2) a list of columns descriptions (the descriptions are stored in Mongo) that define the columns that ought to be in the table (and generally are). It's a bit yucky but because the main DB is a columnar DB we can get away with it.

So schema upgrades are handled on every request to the web api :-)

Allan

perlpong

Sep 26, 2014, 5:17:07 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
PostgreSQL and 2 Redis instances (one as a persistent data store, other as a volatile cache).

Here's my algorithm for managing schema upgrades (copied straight from my docs):

Every time a change is made to the the development database, the SQL commands
are put in a $appname.sql.changes file. A pre-commit hook will detect this and will
automatically dump the new schema and add it to the commit.

The deploy script will check for the presence of a sql.changes file, and
if found, will execute those changes on the production database. It then renames
the sql.changes file to sql.changes.ok. The sql.changes.ok file should then be
distributed to any production servers, and when found by the deploy script,
those changes are executed and the sql.changes.ok file is then deleted. Once
the production server is synced, the original sql.changes.ok file should be
manually deleted from the origin repo.

Justin Hawkins

Sep 26, 2014, 10:19:40 PM9/26/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com

On 27 Sep 2014, at 2:25 am, sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Wow, this thread gives a great overview of what the community currently looks like, personally i'm (positively) surprised how strong SQL databases are represented. So here's a bonus question, how do you manage schema upgrades?

Sqitch.

I’d urge everyone still doing schema upgrades by hand to try it (or something similar).

- Justin
signature.asc

Roey Almog

Sep 27, 2014, 1:05:57 PM9/27/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
At Infoneto with mojolicious we use Firebird database with either DBD::Firebird (for Perl 5.10.1 and up) or DBD::Interbase (for Perl 5.8.9)

בתאריך יום חמישי, 25 בספטמבר 2014 22:07:07 UTC+3, מאת sri:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

Антон Щанкин

Sep 28, 2014, 12:14:23 PM9/28/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hello!
I am using PostgreSQL with DBIx::Class now, old projects living on MySQL and Rose::DB::Object and older projects is on BerkleyDB =)
For schema migrations i have own tool ( like DBIx::Migration ) and DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader ( its also very helpfully if you need take live project with big schema for rewriting on perl/mojolicious )

Alberto Mijares

Sep 28, 2014, 12:22:48 PM9/28/14
to Mojo Users Group
Hi,

I'm just starting a new project with Mojolicious::Lite and Redis.

Regards,

Alberto Mijares

Jan Henning Thorsen

Sep 29, 2014, 8:43:54 AM9/29/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using Redis, MySQL, SQLite for testing and occasionally MongoDB. In future I think I will be using PostgreSQL.

I'm using Mojo::Redis2 for Redis. (I'm the author)
I'm using DBI and DBIx::Class with SQLite, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
I'm using Mango+Mandel for MongoDB. (I'm the author of Mandel)

Side note: I wonder what to do with Mandel. If anyone is up for it, I will gladly give commit bit and access to PAUSE (send me an direct email or make a github issue)

I've also (barely) started a non-blocking API for SQL: https://github.com/jhthorsen/mojo-sql Current state: Not working. Plain awful code. I'm also still trying to figure out what kind of API that makes sense: Raw SQL vs datastructures. (send me an direct email if you're interested)

Regards,
Jan Henning Thorsen (batman)

On Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:22:48 PM UTC+2, Alberto Mijares wrote:
Hi,

I'm just starting a new project with Mojolicious::Lite and Redis.

Regards,

Alberto Mijares

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Антон Щанкин
<anton.s...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
> I am using PostgreSQL with DBIx::Class now, old projects living on MySQL and
> Rose::DB::Object and older projects is on BerkleyDB =)
> For schema migrations i have own tool ( like DBIx::Migration ) and
> DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader ( its also very helpfully if you need take live
> project with big schema for rewriting on perl/mojolicious )

Pavel Shaydo

Sep 29, 2014, 12:57:18 PM9/29/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with
> Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

PostgreSQL with AnyEvent::Pg

senp...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 9:37:19 AM10/1/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Right now: MySQL, DBD::mysql

In the future probably SQLite and MongoDB.

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:07:07 PM UTC+2, sri wrote:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

lenz

Oct 1, 2014, 1:55:12 PM10/1/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
CouchDB with Store::CouchDB (I am the author and use it in other non Mojo projects too)

no schema changes :)

cheers
Lenz

hammondos

Oct 2, 2014, 8:23:18 AM10/2/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MongoDB (via official driver), now more inclined towards ElasticSearch - in the future probably Redis too

Daniel Böhringer

Oct 2, 2014, 3:45:37 PM10/2/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
postgres

Jeremy Zawodny

Oct 7, 2014, 9:43:12 PM10/7/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
MySQL via DBD::mysql semi-async, SQLite, Sphinx (speaks the MySQL protocol) search engine

Kevin Hughes

Oct 9, 2014, 11:11:49 PM10/9/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Elasticsearch and Mojolicious match up to well.  No driver needed when using Mojo::UserAgent.

Simotrone

Oct 10, 2014, 11:43:40 AM10/10/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?
Mysql, Redis, (a sort of) Pg via internal wrappers builded on DBI.
Also used sqlite in home context.

how do you manage schema upgrades?
currently, manual. :)

sri

Oct 13, 2014, 2:43:24 PM10/13/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Allright, i've counted results so you don't have to. :)

MySQL: 25
PostreSQL: 24
SQLite: 15
MongoDB: 12
Redis: 6
ElasticSearch: 4
CouchDB: 3
MariaDB: 2
Percona: 1
Firebird: 1
Vertica: 1
BerkleyDB: 1
DynamoDB: 1
MS SQL Server: 1

P.S.: I'm a little surprised MySQL is so strong, but glad we are on the right track with Mojo::Pg and Mojo::mysql. :)

--
sebastian

Joe Landman

Oct 13, 2014, 2:51:20 PM10/13/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
On 10/13/2014 02:43 PM, sri wrote:
> Allright, i've counted results so you don't have to. :)
>
> MySQL: 25
> PostreSQL: 24
> SQLite: 15
> MongoDB: 12
> Redis: 6
> ElasticSearch: 4
> CouchDB: 3
> MariaDB: 2
> Percona: 1
> Firebird: 1
> Vertica: 1
> BerkleyDB: 1
> DynamoDB: 1
> MS SQL Server: 1

Should have 1 each for InfluxDB, Tarantool, ArangoDB, and I am working
on interfacing to kdb+ (www.kx.com). Influx and kdb+ are time series
DB, and ArangoDB and Tarantool are more "general". I'd love a pure perl
capability, DBM::Deep looks nice, but there are performance concerns
expressed in the reviews. I've got to play with them to be sure.

I'd love a direct tie in to PostgreSQL. That's my go to SQL DB for
anything that SQLite can't/shouldn't handle.

sri

Oct 13, 2014, 2:56:37 PM10/13/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Should have 1 each for InfluxDB, Tarantool, ArangoDB...

Oops, i've tried to filter out the "i've looked at X" ones and might have missed some smaller databases because of it.

--
sebastian

Ed Rantanen

Oct 14, 2014, 7:56:36 PM10/14/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Whisper & rrdtool

Viktor Nacht

Oct 15, 2014, 11:09:23 PM10/15/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
mySQL, DBI and DBIx::Class. Nothing too exciting. :)

Paul Williams

Oct 16, 2014, 4:34:54 AM10/16/14
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Databases
- DBIx::Class + DBD::Pg/DBD::SQLite
- DBIx::Connector + DBD::Pg
- Mojolicious::Plugin::PgAsync + DBD::Pg

Deployment
- MicroOLAP db designer for PostgreSQL (paid for SQL designer)
- Manual

I'm looking to use sqitch for new projects.

Greg Flynn

Apr 17, 2017, 2:59:35 PM4/17/17
to Mojolicious
How are you connecting with MS SQL via DBD::ODBC?
I've been trying for days to get a successful connection, let alone create the schema!
If you have any pointers, links, or info it would be GREATLY appreciated.

On Sep 25, 2014, at 12:07 PM, sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

Tobi Oetiker

Apr 17, 2017, 3:13:30 PM4/17/17
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
Mojo::Pg and loving it

Tobias Oetiker
062 775 9902

Juergen Nickelsen

Apr 18, 2017, 5:05:29 AM4/18/17
to Mojolicious
On Sep 25, 2014, at 12:07 PM, sri <kra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with
>> Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

Oh, this was before I joined the club. Still, I can answer.

I use PostgreSQL, as that database I use has been there before I
reimplemented the legacy PHP Web GUI with Mojolicious. To be able to use
everything from a CLI tool as well, I chose to implement a DB
abstraction layer without the Mojolicious dependency, so I used DBI as
usual.

In between I have seen that a CLI tool that has to have direct access to
the DB (and DB credentials!) is of very limited use. I have
reimplemented said CLI tool using the web service I implemented with
Mojolicious, so the idea of the DB abstraction is now somewhat moot.
Better reachability and much more flexible authentication make the web
service the better choice in all scenarios.

So, for further applications I will likely abandon the idea of a DB
abstraction and might as well switch to Mojo::Pg, if it turns out to be
suitable after I had a closer look at it.

Regards, Jürgen.

--
Jürgen Nickelsen <Juergen....@fu-berlin.de>
Freie Universität Berlin, ZEDAT/FUDIS https://zedat.fu-berlin.de/FUDIS

sri

Apr 18, 2017, 5:30:16 AM4/18/17
to Mojolicious
So, for further applications I will likely abandon the idea of a DB
abstraction and might as well switch to Mojo::Pg, if it turns out to be
suitable after I had a closer look at it.

Mojo::Pg is pretty nice for DB abstraction actually.

--
sebastian

sri

Apr 18, 2017, 5:32:51 AM4/18/17
to Mojolicious
And a quick update for myself. I'm still primarily a PostgreSQL and SQLite user, now
with Mojo::Pg and Mojo::SQLite, which both support SQL::Abstract for query
generation these days.

--
sebastian

Dan Wierenga

Apr 18, 2017, 11:50:23 AM4/18/17
to mojol...@googlegroups.com
You have to use the FreeTDS drivers (http://www.freetds.org) in conjunction with DBD::ODBC.

Michel

Apr 19, 2017, 7:52:38 AM4/19/17
to Mojolicious
On my side I am still a CouchDB user, and I have a request for advice: I'd like to develop an offline first web app, and I am a bit stuck with Mojolicious. I see that most of offline first apps are based on 100% javascript frameworks (most of them using PouchDB). So does anyone here have an offline first experience with Mojolicious?

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 4:07:07 PM UTC-3, sri wrote:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

--
sebastian

Brian Manning

Apr 20, 2017, 10:29:14 PM4/20/17
to Mojolicious

On Thursday, September 25, 2014 at 12:07:07 PM UTC-7, sri wrote:
Lets have a little poll, what databases are you using with Mojolicious? And which modules are you currently using to access them?

Paradox (!) via DBD::ODBC + BDE driver on Windows (Strawberry Perl on Windows 2003 Server).  All hail the Perl glue!

The same Mojolicious app also uses DBD::SQLite for development use on other platforms, via a switch in the config file.

Thanks,

Brian

John Scoles

Apr 21, 2017, 7:14:21 AM4/21/17
to Mojolicious
Well for me it is what DBs you do not use with Mojo

the only one I have not used in a project is Informix

Normally I use  DBIx::Connector  and then tap into my own Data Accessor   Module that is largely SQL neutral  but base on DBI

So in order Oracle, MySQL, Prostgress, SQLlight , ADO, PGLight and   When needed MongoDb  and I have even used it with  Jade (yuck)