Please help me test mod_wsgi 3.4 release candidate.

Graham Dumpleton

Aug 21, 2012, 7:25:57 AM8/21/12
to modwsgi
All the details can be found in:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ChangesInVersion0304

Direct link to tar ball is:

http://modwsgi.googlecode.com/files/mod_wsgi-3.4c1.tar.gz

Am not expecting any surprises as this code has been sitting around
for quite a while and has been in use.

The intent here is to get this out before feature freeze for Ubuntu
12.10 which is in a few days. Ubuntu 12.10 will as I understand it
default to using Python 3.2, but existing mod_wsgi 3.3 will not work
with Python 3.2, so could end up with situation that there is no
mod_wsgi on the system by default.

There is still a big chance will not be able to get it included as
right now have no idea about the procedure to get it included. If
someone knows how, please speak up.

Note that this does not include hash seed randomisation patch had been
working on for 4.0.

Graham

Indrek Järve

Aug 22, 2012, 5:26:57 AM8/22/12
to mod...@googlegroups.com
+1 on x64 CentOS 5 and 6 as a drop-in replacement for 3.3 in our
moderately+ used test environments.

Best regards,
Indrek

Graham Dumpleton

Aug 22, 2012, 11:20:40 PM8/22/12
to mod...@googlegroups.com
Okay. No serious reports of it blowing up, so have released 3.4. Will
deal with proper announcements in a while.

Graham