mod_spdy [notice] child pid NNN exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Sami Lehtinen

May 6, 2012, 2:39:42 AM5/6/12
to mod-spdy...@googlegroups.com
I'm not exactly sure why processes die due Segmentation fault when I enable mod_spdy, but that's exactly what's happening.

My test server is quite normal apache2 installation based on 64bit Ubuntu. I used mod_spdy 64bit dep packet and everything went well, except it doesn't work.

Full debug log is here. I'm quite sure that someone might know what the problem is:
https://s.sami-lehtinen.net/pub/mod_spdy-debug-log.txt (log will be removed, as soon as we got issue resolved) all key information about error message is in the subject.

No, it's not about php or so. I don't even use mod_php. I assume one of the reasons could be that I'm using event threading module, but afaik it shouldn't be a problem and if it is, it should be clearly stated and not lead to Segmentation faults. What I tried to request was static files and non existing paths to get error message. But it's clear that SPDY negotiation leads to segmentation fault crash before point where requested url would have any meaning.

 - Thank you!

Best regards,
Sami Lehtinen

Eric Naujock

May 8, 2012, 1:40:52 PM5/8/12
to mod-spdy-discuss
Looking at the log it does not seem to be clear as to why its failing.
But if this is a test server try following the usual debugging option.
My guess if you have another plugin that is not thread safe. You may
either have to use the split technique to find the plugin that is
causing the crash. mod_php is just the most famous of the plugins that
is not thread safe.