compile error apr_snprintf.c

Odium

Dec 28, 2010, 7:58:44 AM12/28/10
to mod-pagespeed-discuss
Hello,

solved my error described here:

http://groups.google.com/group/page-speed-discuss/browse_thread/thread/bbbf24875238ab26/eb28df98180c1bf6?fwc=1

i updated package util-linux to retrieve newer /usr/bin/flock, this
works now.
not happy about software which depends on bleeding edge OS....

Now i got new error at compiling:

third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c: In function
'conv_os_thread_t':
third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c:500: error:
duplicate case value
third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c:498: error:
previously used here
third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c: In function
'conv_os_thread_t_hex':
third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c:671: error:
duplicate case value
third_party/apache/apr/src/strings/apr_snprintf.c:669: error:
previously used here
make: *** [out/Release/obj.target/apr/third_party/apache/apr/src/
strings/apr_snprintf.o] Fehler 1

what to do now? i watched this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/mod-pagespeed-discuss/browse_thread/thread/da60840fad3b1fe2?tvc=2
my machine is non virtual older suse 10.1 with gcc 4.1.2

gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i586-suse-linux
Configured with: ../configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/usr --
with-local-prefix=/usr/local --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/
share/man --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --enable-
languages=c,c++,objc,fortran,obj-c++,java,ada --enable-
checking=release --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.1.2 --
enable-ssp --disable-libssp --disable-libgcj --with-slibdir=/lib --
with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-
libstdcxx-allocator=new --program-suffix= --enable-version-specific-
runtime-libs --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=i586-
suse-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2 20070115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

What to do now?
Thanks,
Hajo

Shawn Ligocki

Dec 28, 2010, 5:40:16 PM12/28/10
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
What version of Apache are you compiling against?

Thanks,
-Shawn

Odium

Dec 29, 2010, 9:16:45 AM12/29/10
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

On 28 Dez., 23:40, Shawn Ligocki <sligo...@google.com> wrote:
> What version of Apache are you compiling against?

Apache is 2.2.10

apr is 1.3.3 and apr-util 1.3.4

Thanks,
Hajo

Shawn Ligocki

Dec 30, 2010, 5:10:26 PM12/30/10
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Moved this to Issue 171.

In short, did you run gclient on a 64-bit machine and then try to compile on a 32-bit machine? That could cause this problem.

-Shawn

Odium

Jan 3, 2011, 4:10:24 AM1/3/11
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

> In short, did you run gclient on a 64-bit machine and then try to compile on
> a 32-bit machine? That could cause this problem.

yes, because my python with 2.4.2 is to old to retrieve sources i did
run gclient on other machine and copied files.
im not happy with your strategy of combining retrieving sources and
preconfigure them. traditional package download could avoid this
problems and would make some things more transparent.
we have some long running stable servers with new packaged apache, but
repackaging python is not a recommend thing...

Thanks,
Hajo

Shawn Ligocki

Jan 3, 2011, 12:46:13 PM1/3/11
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry about the complicated build process, it's technology we adopted from the Chromium project and we don't have much control over it.

We do have software packages for Ubuntu and CentOS for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Also, are you sure that using python 2.4.2 doesn't work? I have used an older version than that and had no problem, gclient complains that the version is too old, but keeps running.

Cheers,
-Shawn

Odium

Jan 5, 2011, 6:56:52 AM1/5/11
to mod-pagespeed-discuss

> Also, are you sure that using python 2.4.2 doesn't work? I have used an
> older version than that and had no problem, gclient complains that the
> version is too old, but keeps running.

it works now. module is running in apache, now i can do some
configtests.
this issue can get closed.

Thanks,
Hajo

Shawn Ligocki

Jan 5, 2011, 10:13:17 AM1/5/11
to mod-pagesp...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad this works. Sorry it was so tricky.

-Shawn