Call for beta testers!

Matt Atterbury

Mar 26, 2013, 3:17:13 PM3/26/13
to mod-pagespeed-discuss, mod-pagespeed-announce
We are developing some exciting new filters that push web page optimization technology in a new direction.
We expect them to be particularly useful on web sites tailored to mobile devices, but they will apply to all platforms including desktop and tablet.
They are tailored towards image rich sites and/or sites that load boiler-plate CSS but only use a relatively small amount, such as with some CMSs.

We expect this to be ready in early-to-mid April and we're looking for beta testers in our mod_pagespeed user base. We would need you to install it on a user-facing website and let us know how it goes - does it work? does it speed up delivery? does it work on all platforms and browsers? And if it causes problems you can always turn it off although we'll be keen and ready to assist with any problems.

If you think your site could benefit and you're interested in taking the new filters for a spin, please email me (matterbury@) with an idea of your daily traffic and whether you think you'd benefit because of images or CSS or both. We're looking for around 5 testers and we'll send you some swag if you help us out!

Thanks,
Matt Atterbury
Google mod_pagespeed development team