Hiring for iOS and Android Apps

Rob

Jan 3, 2017, 11:44:33 AM1/3/17
to mobile-portland
Hello,

I'm hiring two people to build fully native iOS and Android versions of a Cordova-based app we already have.

Both projects kick off next week, so if you or a colleague is available please reply asap.

We prefer Portland-based folks, but I will take referrals abroad too.

I've formatted the iOS job listing below. Both the iOS and Android listings is in the attached PDF.

Please direct interest to me at r...@clearform.co.

Kind Regards,

Rob Banagale

--------------

iOS Developer

Contract Begins January 9th, 2017

Project Overview

Clearform seeks an iOS developer experienced in ObjectiveC / Swift to build a native version of a simple barcode scanning application.

The current version is compiled from Cordova (HTML/CSS), and represents the complete behavior we want in a native app.

Project Guide

This project to last around three weeks. At the kickoff meeting, we’ll provide complete design assets and the API docs.

You’ll need to implement and customize a barcode scanning library such as MTBBarcodeScanner to be successful. We’ll provide support, and work through two rounds of QA to get the app polished.

Follow‐on Work

We’ll have additional features to add down the line and we’re open to continuing to working with the you. At the start, however, this app must have a clean, well organized code base any professional could work from.

Requirements

  • Experience building native iOS apps quickly and effectively
  • Appreciation for iOS specific user experience details
  • Solid code management practices using git on a team
  • Up to date on Objective-C / Swift development best practices

Clearform - iOS Developer - TT01.pdf
Clearform - Android Developer - TT01.pdf

Todd Behunin

Jan 4, 2017, 12:53:33 PM1/4/17
to Mobile Portland
Is this a "convert hybrid to native" project? If so, have you considered other cross-platform alternatives like NativeScript or React Native which have full API access and compile down to real native UI controls?