Howdy (Training/Tutoring/Help)

Phil Brunson

Sep 4, 2014, 2:33:00 PM9/4/14
to mobile-...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, I am new to programming (only did programs back in collage years ago) and want to create an app for a non-profit.  I am working with web sites and books to learn on my own, but I learn better working with someone or in a class.  Is there any good classes in the Portland area, or somewhere to go get help, or a sub group here to help with projects?  I am starting with the Android since that is what I have.

Michael Crawford

Sep 8, 2014, 9:57:52 PM9/8/14
to mobile-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:33:00 AM UTC-7, Phil Brunson wrote:
...  Is there any good classes in the Portland area, or somewhere to go get help, or a sub group here to help with projects?  I am starting with the Android since that is what I have.

 Let's study Android together.

I have an iOS App that is close to completion (Warp Life: http://www.warplife.com/life/).  I want to rewrite it as an Android App as well.

I'm not using a cross-platform framework because I wanted to learn the native APIs of each platform.

I don't yet have an Android device so I'll have to stick with the emulator on my MacBook Pro.

I'm an experienced coder, but I'm new to Android App development.

Mike Crawford
mdcra...@gmail.com
http://www.warplife.com/mdc/