authentication to remote server

swathi

Feb 16, 2012, 3:18:42 AM2/16/12
to mobile-c...@googlegroups.com

hi jens ,

            Thanks for the clear description . Its working fine for me .I  am trying to access remote server . I am using  replication  between remote server and local server

Replicator: couldn't write document `_design/sample`, revision `1-53ef232135548f38c879df297b886c99`, to target database `iphone`. Error: `unauthorized`, reason: `You are not a db or server admin.`.

http://************/iphone/_changes?feed=continuous&heartbeat=10000&style=all_docs&since=0" failed due to error timeout

 i need to provide the authentication to the remote server , Actually what i want to do is   i want to use basic authentication . Please help me regarding this

i read some posts, mentioned to uncomment the www-authentiate in deault.ini

path:frameworks->couchbaseresources->deault.ini is it the path ?

Thanks&regards

Jens Alfke

Feb 16, 2012, 12:13:00 PM2/16/12

On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:18 AM, swathi wrote:

> Replicator: couldn't write document `_design/sample`, revision `1-53ef232135548f38c879df297b886c99`, to target database `iphone`. Error: `unauthorized`, reason: `You are not a db or server admin.`.

Is this a “push” replication to a remote server? If so, this is an expected warning — even if you have write access to a database, and can upload ordinary documents, for security reasons you can’t upload design documents unless you’re logged in as an admin. This shouldn’t be a problem for a mobile app, as the design documents contain app-related stuff that you probably don’t want to sync to the server anyway.

> i need to provide the authentication to the remote server , Actually what i want to do is i want to use basic authentication . Please help me regarding this
> i read some posts, mentioned to uncomment the www-authentiate in deault.ini
> path:frameworks->couchbaseresources->deault.ini is it the path ?

It’s the .ini file on the _remote_ server that you need to change. You can edit it via the “Config” UI in the Futon web interface. (Or you can edit the file, but its location depends on where CouchDB was installed on the server so I can’t give you a path.)

—Jens

PS: It looks like you’re posting the same questions several times with different wording, which is confusing. Please only post once. Thanks.