Is it possible to have your eye color purrple

tati21

May 21, 2012, 9:03:05 PM5/21/12
to MLA-LIMA
:)

Valiente, Tatianna

May 22, 2012, 1:57:30 PM5/22/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
It is possible, I believe it is called Alexandria's Genesis.

Victoria Gayarre

May 22, 2012, 4:41:58 PM5/22/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is possible to have purple eye it is some what rare, but when i was born i had Purple eyes.

Natalie Olivares

May 22, 2012, 7:19:37 PM5/22/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

It actually is. But it is super rare. Not a lot of people have it. But there ws this lady called Elizabeth taylor and she had really pretty violet esye. Her eyes were what she was mostly known for. But she pased away and none of her children inherited her eye color

Jeremiah Soliman

May 28, 2012, 10:23:16 AM5/28/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
It is definitely possible for someone to have purple eyes, but as you all said it is very rare. Some people can wear fake contacts that make them look like they have purple eyes. The famous singer Katy Perry actually has purple eyes. I wish I had purple eyes.

Braojos, Marilyn

May 28, 2012, 12:05:12 PM5/28/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Of course it is!
"Eye color is a polygenic phenotypic character.' In fact, there are about 15 genes that determine an individual's eye color. In humans, the pigmentation of the iris depends on the concentration of melanin in the iris pigment epithelium. True violet eyes occur only as a result of albinism. Elizabeth Taylor actually had deep blue eyes, which appeared purple at times.

Braojos, Marilyn

May 28, 2012, 1:49:44 PM5/28/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
@Tati21 *purple
@Natalie *was. *eyes. *passed

Amanda Barrera

May 28, 2012, 8:45:55 PM5/28/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

Like Marilyn said, true purple eyes only occur as a result of albinism. Those with albinism usually have blue eyes; there are cases where there is so little melanin that the retina (which is red) can be seen, but there is enough pigment that the eyes appear purple. Also, those who have albinism or light colored eyes are more sensitive to bright light than those with darker eye colors, that's why there are usually an abundance of people with dark-colored eyes in places where the sun is more intense. :{B

Kristina Suarez ♫

May 28, 2012, 8:48:59 PM5/28/12
to MLA-LIMA
I never new it was possible! I always thought people just bought
contacts in purple.
Thats pretty cool! Is there any "side effect" if thats the right word,
of Alexandria's Genesis?

Btw- Uh.....Pretty sure Katy Perry doesn't have purple eyes.