Mammal Dinosaurs???

Jeremiah Soliman

May 6, 2012, 7:51:10 PM5/6/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Were all Dinosaurs reptiles? Explain your answer.

tati21

May 9, 2012, 4:04:07 PM5/9/12
to MLA-LIMA
No not all dinasours were reptiles for example there was a bird
dinasour that could fly so maybe it was defined in the bird catogorey
Message has been deleted

Ada ^.^

May 9, 2012, 5:46:38 PM5/9/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:44:45 PM UTC-4, Ada ^.^ wrote:
Yes, I do believe that all Dinosaurs were reptiles for the fact that they were categorized as dinosaurs which are reptiles. You see, many animals lived on Earth during the Jurassic Time. Dinosaurs were the ruling animal , but they were not the only ones. An example of what I am trying to say is like today. On Earth right now, humans rule. But, that does not mean that we are the only animals. You cant say they is a amphibian human because your categories can only fit in one. If you are a human that can live on both land and water then you are not a mammal but an amphibian. This relates to Dinosaurs because if they were not cold blooded with scales and laid eggs, then they were not dinosaurs. Do you guys understand what I was trying to say?

Natalie Olivares

May 9, 2012, 7:12:01 PM5/9/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
I have never really thought of this and this is such an interesting question! I think that they were reptiles because of the way they had birth. Dinosuars had eggs that would hatch and those were the babies. Mammals have live birth.

Amanda Barrera

May 28, 2012, 10:08:35 PM5/28/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

ACTUALLY, the "terrible lizards" were not lizards at all, at least, not all. Many of the carnivourous creatures in the mesozoic era have bone structure, stature, and brain capacity that would suggest that they were more avian than reptilian. For example, have you noticed how Tyrannosaurs- Rex had those tiny arms that seemed to be of no use to it what so ever? This was the precursor to modern wings. Also, If you have ever looked at a bird's foot, they look strikingly similar to that of a velociraptor's foot, like in the Jurassic Park movies. I find it slightly humorous that a modern chicken is the closest related being to a T-Rex.