"That hurt"says the plant

Victoria Gayarre

May 24, 2012, 4:06:58 PM5/24/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
So the other day me And my friend Gillian were in Language Arts and we were disscussing how vegetarians do eat animals because when you kill them it hurts them. Does it Hurt living plants when you pull their leaves or kill them?

Felipe :3

May 27, 2012, 8:58:09 PM5/27/12
to MLA-LIMA
Well, some vegetarians do not eat animals because they think it's
unfair that people kill other living animals. Plants on the other hand
do not have a heart or any organisms so therefore it does not hurt.
what do you think Victoria?

Kristina Suarez ♫

May 28, 2012, 8:50:14 PM5/28/12
to MLA-LIMA
But you are still ruining its chance to grow and reproduce (seeds and
stuff) so you are indeed hurting it in a way.

Melany

May 30, 2012, 5:23:57 PM5/30/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not exactly sure if plants have any emotions or physical feelings at all.I mean we are always stepping on grass and other plants and not once have I ever heard one complain.Even though animals do not speak either they do moan in pain if they are hurt in some way.However,some people have "proved" that plants have feelings by performing tests and scans by hitting,hurting,or scaring the plant in some way and recording their waves or reactions.One thing that is somewhat debatable is if they have the five senses:sight,smell,taste,feel,and listen.Some say that they do have this because they need to locate the sun by feeling it's heat and "seeing" it's rays.
How do you feel about this Victoria,and do you think there should be a vegetable activist group just like P.E.T.A?

Melany

May 30, 2012, 5:26:50 PM5/30/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
There is also videos on Plant Pain and Emotions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irMog_AJ3SE
Myth Busters:Plant Emotions

Jorge Calderin

Jun 3, 2012, 12:49:55 PM6/3/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

Well for a plant you can replant the seed or something. you cant get a seed from a animal and just "plant a animal".