Back in the day

Victoria Gayarre

May 22, 2012, 5:37:42 PM5/22/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
Imagine the world was ending and you were able to create a time matchine to go back to different centuries which one would you pick? ex. 80's, roman time, indian times...

Ada ^.^

May 22, 2012, 7:53:12 PM5/22/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

Honestly, I would hate to pick one place. The development of life fascinates me, therefore I would travel back to the farthest time I possibly could and move forward. I would love to see the creation of language first hand and how animals  slowly become to the creatures we are today. I would be ecstatic to see a life dinosaur roar in my face, or Shakespeare present his play first hand. I would even want to see Earth's changes, and stand on Pangea in the flesh. Since I was dying, I would start at the beginning anyways, because there is no point in rushing to see death. If this were to happen and the world was ending, who do you think would get privileges to use the time machine? The president of each country? A huge lottery/

Amanda Barrera

May 29, 2012, 10:15:24 PM5/29/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com

This title reminded me of my earth&space science teacher. he would always say, "Back in the day when I lived in Ohio".  ANYWAAAAY, I would probably go back to 1970's to see the Apollo launches, back to the Revolutionary War to see who ACTUALLY started it, and maybe try to see what the Mayans were thinking when they built their calendar. I would also love to see the creation of the very thing that is almost always present in our lives:

@Ada: I believe that whoever will have control of this would be extremely important, or extremely rich.

Melany

May 30, 2012, 5:00:59 PM5/30/12
to mla-...@googlegroups.com
If I could travel back into different centuries it would be the 1st century because I would want to see humans and how they acted back then and how the environment and animals were.I would also like to see Julius Caesar before he died of course.I would also go back to the Stone Age to observe the cavemen and neanderthals during their creation and use of stone tools.It would also be a bonus to see the  dinosaurs and other animals that lived there.I would also visits the Mayans to learn more about their famous calenders.The Romans and Aztecs would also be on my list for their commitment to war and violence,although I would be terrified to actually meet them face to face in fear they would probably call me a with/alien and kill me.As you can see,in reality I would want to visit all of the centuries because there are none that have no importance.Each are special in their own way and are part of our history and lives.
More on the violence of Romans:
http://janusquirinus.org/essays/Arena.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WphJnTNGPM
More on the violence of Aztecs:
http://home.comcast.net/~burokerl/aztecs_human_sacrifices.htm
http://www.worldmuseumofman.org/aztec.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UTZHYe1cwU

Kristina Suarez ♫

May 30, 2012, 8:42:05 PM5/30/12
to MLA-LIMA
If I could travel back in time I would go back to the era of Jesus
Christ. I think it would be quite a journey to see it happening before
my eyes instead of hearing from others what went down. It would be a
culture shock for sure, all the foods and sanitary issues... Times now
and then are beyond different. If I wanted to say hello to an old
friend I would have to walk for days to where ever they are just to
say hi instead of texting them. As cool as it is to time travel, what
do you think the set backs of this might be?