Assistant Professor / Lecturer position

Peter Andras

Jun 2, 2020, 1:30:02 PM6/2/20
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

Lecturer in Data Science (Education & Research)

(equivalent of tenure-track Assistant Professor)

Keele University - Faculty of Natural Sciences - School of Computing and Mathematics

Location:

Keele

Salary:

£42,793 to £51,034

Hours:

Full Time

Contract Type:

Permanent

Placed On:

20th May 2020

Closes:

17th June 2020

Job Ref:

KU00001484

Salary: Grade 8, £42,793 - £51,034

Keele University is renowned for its exciting approach to higher education, innovative research, beautiful campus, strong community spirit and excellent student experience. With a turnover in excess of £170 million, over 10,000 students and a total staff of approximately 2000, the University provides high quality teaching across a wide range of academic and vocational subjects and promotes world-class research. Further information can be found at http://www.keele.ac.uk.

This post represents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a team of excellent academics in Keele University’s Faculty of Natural Sciences. The Faculty is responsible for research and teaching in many areas of computer science, mathematics, and the physical and biological sciences.

Applications are welcome from enthusiastic individuals committed to high quality research and teaching in any relevant field of Mathematical or Statistical Data Science (e.g. statistics, mathematical artificial intelligence, mathematical machine learning, statistical data science, computational data science – but not restricted to these particular fields, although the preference is a field in Pure Mathematics), and who have interests that complement our existing research strengths while broadening the scope of our research and teaching expertise.

The lectureship post is part of continued growth and expansion of Data Science and Mathematics at Keele, which presents many new opportunities for the development of synergies in both teaching and research. The successful candidate will be expected to develop an active research programme that both complements and extends our existing profile in Data Science, Mathematics and Statistics. Candidates are also expected to develop research collaborations with colleagues at Keele and elsewhere in strategic research areas of the University, such as smart energy, big data, global health or social inclusion. Information about the Mathematics and Statistics research context or Computer Science research context at Keele can be found at:

https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/mathematicsresearch/

https://www.keele.ac.uk/scm/research/computerscienceresearch/

The successful candidate will have a PhD in an appropriate area of Mathematical, Statistical or Computer Science (or be very close to completion of their PhD) and will have a strong commitment to delivering high quality undergraduate and postgraduate research and teaching, including supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and the development and delivery of new modules. The post-holder will have the skills, enthusiasm and flexibility for teaching across a wide range of Data Science, Mathematics and Statistics topics and will also contribute to recruitment activities and administrative duties within our Data Science programmes.

Informal enquires can be made to Professor Peter Andras on 01782 733412 or p.an...@keele.ac.uk

Keele University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN charter, and values equality and diversity across our workforce. We strive to ensure that our workforce is representative of broader society, and therefore, we would actively welcome applications from women for this role.

The University is committed to operating flexible working practices wherever possible.

Keele University values equality and diversity across our workforce and to ensuring our staff community is reflective of the diversity of our student population. In support of these commitments the University welcomes applications from individuals of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds for all roles.

For full post details and to find out more about working at Keele please visit: www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies

Keele University employees wishing to apply should login to Employee Self Service and click on the 'View current vacancies' link.

Closing date for applications: 17th June 2020