ML research scientist positions @ Turn/Amobee. (Silicon Valley)

Jianqiang Shen

Aug 16, 2017, 7:10:00 PM8/16/17
to ML-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all:

We have multiple ML R&D positions at Turn. We offer excellent engineering culture, competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. If you are interested, please feel free to ask me questions or go to the company website to apply:

Job Description
About

Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and enterprises make decisions. Our digital advertising hub enables audience planning, media execution, and real-time analytics from a single login, and provides point-and-click access to more than 150 integrated marketing technology partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley and provides its products and services worldwide. Turn was recently merged with Amobee to further enhance its marketing offerings.

We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join the Platform team and help us take it to the next level. Turn’s Platform team develops all distributed and big data systems and applications to efficiently run Turn’s online advertisement, data management, and analytics platforms.

The R&D team at Turn is building the next generation of digital advertising technologies that power billions of ad impressions every month. We are constantly innovating – creating and applying technologies in several exciting cutting-edge areas: machine learning, constrained optimization, control systems, auction theory, game theory, collaborative filtering, experimental design, and information retrieval to name a few. Our mission is to use hard data and science to make quantum leap improvements in the performance of online ads, enhance user experience, enable efficient marketplaces, and improve the overall economics of online advertising.

The Scientist/Senior-Scientist will work with the rest of the team to research and invent the next generation prediction, optimization, and analytics technology. You are a brilliant, motivated self-starter and an extremely fast learner with top notch problem solving and analytic skills. You have a deep sense of curiosity and innate desire to dig deep into terabytes of data and love to play with the innards of complex algorithms, mathematical constructs and code.

Requirements
  • A PhD degree in a closely related field (eg: computer science/engineering, optimization) with publications in the area is strongly preferred
  • Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning or statistical modeling, optimization
  • Excellent communication skills – ability to present and communicate complex ideas in simple terms
  • Strong statistical/math/analytical abilities; Exceptional problem solving skills
Pluses
  • Previous experience in the advertising industry
  • Knowledge of Java
  • Startup experience
  • Location: Redwood City, California

In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.