Brains, Minds and Machines 2020

Gabriel Kreiman

Jan 16, 2020, 10:45:07 AM1/16/20
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

Applications are invited for the 2020 Brains, Minds, and Machines Summer Course, to be held in Woods Hole, MA from Aug 6 through Aug 27th.

Application: https://www.mbl.edu/education/courses/brains-minds-and-machines/

Application deadline: April 6, 2020

The basis of intelligence – how the brain produces intelligent behavior and how we may be able to replicate intelligence in machines – is arguably the greatest problem in science and technology. To solve it, we will need to understand how human intelligence emerges from computations in neural circuits, with rigor sufficient to reproduce similar intelligent behavior in machines. Success in this endeavor ultimately will enable us to understand ourselves better, to produce smarter machines, and perhaps even to make ourselves smarter. Lecturers include DiCarlo, Desimone, Freiwald, Katz, Kanwisher, Kreiman, Poggio, Sompolinsky, Tenenbaum, Wilson, several speakers from industry, and many more. For more information, please see: https://cbmm.mit.edu/summer-school/2020

Gabriel Kreiman
gkre...@gmail.com

http://klab.tch.harvard.edu