IJAR Special issue on Probabilistic Logic Programming

Riccardo Zese

Oct 16, 2017, 7:49:11 AM10/16/17
CALL FOR PAPERS
International Journal of Approximate Reasoning
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-approximate-reasoning

Special issue on the 4th Probabilistic Logic Programming workshop (PLP, http://stoics.org.uk/plp/plp2017).

Deadline: March 7, 2018

The 4th PLP workshop was held on the 7th of September 2017, in Orlèans, France,
as part of the 27th International Conference on Inductive Logic Programming.
We welcome submissions of (improved/extended versions of) papers that were presented
at the workshop in Orlèans, as well as new submissions on all topics of the workshop.

Topics include but are not limited to:
--------------------------------------

   * probabilistic logic programming formalisms
   * parameter estimation
   * statistical inference
   * implementations
   * structure learning
   * reasoning with uncertainty
   * constraint store approaches
   * stochastic and randomised algorithms
   * probabilistic knowledge representation and reasoning
   * constraints in statistical inference
   * applications, such as
   * * bioinformatics
   * * semantic web
   * * robotics
   * probabilistic graphical models
   * answer set programming
   * Bayesian learning
   * tabling for learning and stochastic inference
   * MCMC
   * stochastic search
   * labelled logic programs
   * integration of statistical software

Important Dates:
--------------
Submission of manuscripts: before March 7, 2018 (Papers will be sent to reviewers as soon as we receive them).
Publication of the special issue: January 2019 (tentative).

Guest Editors:
--------------
Christian Theil Have (Copenhagen University, Denmark, c.h...@sund.ku.dk)
Riccardo Zese (University of Ferrara, Italy, riccar...@unife.it)

Submissions:
All submitted papers under this call will undergo the standard review process of the
journal and they must be prepared according to the "Guide for Authors" available from
the online submission page of the IJAR at https://www.evise.com/profile/api/navigate/IJA
Please select the Special Issue Prob. Log. Prog. 2017 at the "Article Type" step
in the submission process.

--
Riccardo Zese, PhD
DE - Dipartimento di Ingegneria