[ML-news]SMP Challenge (ACM MM 2020 Social Media Prediction (SMP) Challenge

Shelley, Thu

Jun 2, 2020, 1:15:08 PM6/2/20
to Machine Learning News
Social Media Prediction (SMP) Challenge 2020
March 15 - June 20, 2020
Seattle, USA

SMP Challenge: http://smp-challenge.com/
ACM MM: https://2020.acmmm.org/

Important Dates
  • Competition registration time: March 15, 2020 - June 15, 2020
  • Evaluation Results Announce: June 20, 2020
  • Paper Submission Deadline: July 13, 2020
Challenge Description
The SMP Challenge is an annual competition organized by a joint team from multiple research organizations. We are seeking excellent research teams to provide new ways of forecasting problems and meaningfully improve people’s social lives and business scenarios. Temporal Popularity Prediction is a massive-scale, multimodal, and time-series forecasting problem that is central to various scenarios, such as online advertising, social recommendation, demand forecasting, etc. We released a large-scale Social Media Prediction Dataset (SMPD) with over 486K posts, 70K users, and rich information including user profiles, images, texts, times, locations, and categories.

Problem
The task is a massive scale, multimodal and time-series forecasting problem that is central to various scenarios, such as online advertising, social recommendation, demand forecasting, etc. The task is focused on predicting future clicks or visits of new social media posts (photos, videos or news) before they were shared on social media(e.g., Flickr, Twitter or Facebook, etc.).

Awards
We would award the Best Performance Award and the Top Performance Award to the top-performing teams. The high-quality paper of top-performing teams would have opportunities to be accepted in the Proceedings of the 28th ACM Multimedia Conference

Welcome to join the challenge!