Multiple PhD Summer Internships - FireEye Data Science - Washington DC, Milpitas CA, NYC

Jeff Johns

Dec 16, 2018, 10:23:30 PM12/16/18
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

The Data Science team at FireEye develops innovative machine learning solutions for the detection and prevention of today’s advanced cyber threats.  Our team is looking for talented interns to join us in either the Reston, VA, Milpitas, CA, or New York City, NY locations.  We work on a variety of challenging problems across the attack life cycle, ranging from the detection of malware, fileless attacks, exfiltration, lateral movement and compromised credential usage to decision support for analysts working in the Security Operations Center.  The internship, which involves a mentor, will cover a 12-week period and is expected to culminate in a proof of concept implementation leading to a scientific publication and/or patent application.  Potential projects include:

·         Immunization against adversarial attacks on ML-based malware classifiers

·         Detecting malicious campaigns on social and digital channels

·         Reinforcement learning for autonomous security operations

·         Threat aggregation in streaming heterogenous graphs

Depending on the project, our team of data scientists and engineers partners with key subject matter experts both at FireEye and our world-renowned Mandiant consulting.  This partnership brings experience from the front lines of today’s biggest breaches to our team, which greatly informs and improves the work we do.  The team also has excellent computational resources and data at our disposal, like the Nvidia DGX-1 for deep learning workloads.

Job Requirements

·         Currently enrolled in a MS/PhD program in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or equivalent.

·         Strong background in machine learning and computer security.

·         Strong computational background and programming skills.

·         Excellent communication skills.

If you are interested in applying, please send a CV or resume along with a brief statement why you are interested in the position to ds-inte...@fireeye.com.  If you have any questions, you can reply directly to me at jeffre...@fireeye.com.