Reminder : Call for papers WSOM+ 2017

Madalina Olteanu

Jan 19, 2017, 1:26:56 PM1/19/17
to Machine Learning News
Apologies for cross-posting
===========================

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to participate to the next WSOM, upgraded now to WSOM+,
which will be held in Nancy, France, on 28-30 June 2017. This will be the 12th
International Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps and Learning Vector Quantization,
Clustering and Data Visualization, organized with the technical sponsorship of IEEE.

Important dates :
Paper submission deadline : February 3rd, 2017
Notification of provisional acceptance : March 30th, 2017
Final/Camera-ready papers : April 30th, 2017
Final acceptance : May 15th, 2017
Conference : June 28-30, 2017

Your contributions on theoretical and methodological aspects of Self-Organizing Maps,
Learning Vector Quantization, Clustering and Data Visualization approaches are welcome
(dead-line February 3rd). WSOM+ is also aimed at
closely related topics including :
o Data analysis and data visualization
o Temporal and incremental data mining
o Various mathematical approaches including information theory and mathematical statistics
o Software and hardware implementations
o Architectural solutions including hierarchical and growing networks, ensemble models
and special metrics
o Neuro-cognitive studies that compare modeling and empirical results at different levels
o Models, experimental investigations and applications of autonomous mental development.

We also call for scientific and practice-oriented papers that demonstrate the use of
Self-Organizing Maps, Learning Vector Quantization, Clustering and Data Visualization
approaches in different application areas including but not limited to :
o Data mining
o Pattern recognition
o Signal processing
o Knowledge management
o Time series processing
o Modeling dynamic phenomena
o Anomalies and fault detection
o Industrial applications
o Bioinformatics
o Biomedical applications
o Telecommunications
o Financial analysis
o Applications for transport optimization
o Cognitive modeling
o Language modeling
o Robotics and intelligent systems
o Image processing and vision
o Speech processing
o Text and document analysis

The proceedings will include the accepted manuscripts and will be electronically
published with IEEE eXplore. An extended version of selected papers will be published in
a special issue of Neural Computing and Applications.

You can find extended information on the web pages:
http://samm.univ-paris1.fr/WSOM-2017
http://wsom2017.loria.fr

We hope this conference will be of your interest and look forward to meet you next June.

Best wishes,
Marie Cottrell, Jean-Charles Lamirel, Bruno Levy, Madalina Olteanu
Organizers of WSOM+ 2017