Assigned to halatmi...@gmail.com by taifu...@gmail.com

MM B

Dec 14, 2015, 7:37:41 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
I'm starting this thread because I cannot post a reply in previous posts mentioning the 'Invalid Credentials' issue.

I'm using a Fusion Table/database in my app and it has been reporting the error (unauthorized Invalid Credentials) since late October/early November.
I have seen this reported before, is this and MIT or Google issue?

Are there any other workarounds - other than a service account (which won't work in my case) that will allow me to authorize users individually to my Fusion Database?

Do we know if this has been raised as an issue and when it will be fixed?
This does not seem to be device or Android OS specific.

Thanks.

MMB.

Taifun

Dec 14, 2015, 8:09:36 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
why does using the service account method in your case not work?

there is also this solution, which uses the web component

Taifun

Hossein Amerkashi

Dec 14, 2015, 8:15:29 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
@MMB, You can also checkout my blog below that shows how to query Google FustionTables or Spreadsheet and display result list components like ListView:

______________________________
Hossein Amerkashi   - Social NavCam app HERE

MM B

Dec 14, 2015, 8:16:41 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
Hi Taifun,
I haven't tried the Service account method yet. My understanding is that a Service account won't allow for individual User Authorization  - e.g. if I want to limit access to the Fusion database to specific users only.
 - or am I wrong?

Thanks.
MMB.

Taifun

Dec 14, 2015, 11:00:52 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum
usig the service account method all users can have access to your table using your app
to limit access to specific users only, just add a login feature to your app
Taifun

MM B

Dec 14, 2015, 11:18:50 AM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum

Ok thanks Taifun -  does anyone know if using  an API key (invalid credentials) is an MIT or Google issue?
And,
Do we know if this has been recognized and raised as an issue and if/when it will be fixed?

MMB

Hal Abelson

Dec 14, 2015, 7:24:22 PM12/14/15
to MIT App Inventor Forum